Dec 15, 2013

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



Didn't get too much this week, which is always a blessing and a curse, because it means I didn't add much to the TBR pile...but also I didn't get many new books. So yes, both good and bad!

Basically I got one book for review, and another ARC that I borrowed from a blogging pal--who's the greatest ever for loaning it to me! She knows who she is! ;)


The Lost Boys by Lilian Carmine (ARC)*
After the End by Amy Plum (ARC)


*I always love a good ghost book and thought this one sounded pretty good. It wasn't until afterwards I saw the line about friggin Twilight, so keeping my fingers crossed that this won't be Twilight-y since it is for "the fans of Twilight". Hate when books got promote another read that way...



Then I also got this incredible swag box/pack for being on Jordan Deen's Street Team:

It came in this beautiful hat box and in it was:
Magnets with book covers
Jordan Deen Author magnets
pencials
2 necklaces
a SIGNED copy of Breaking Lauren
a DVD
Keychains
Buttons
a T-shirt
A tablet cover 
and lots of other little goodies I am probably not seeing in the pic!


Stick around cause I plan on sharing some of this love!


And that was my haul this week! What did you get?




24 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your review of After The End, I've been thinking about maybe getting it when it comes out, but I didn't really like Amy Plum's other series, so I'm still hesitant... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, nice haul! Hope you enjoy your books and swag, and thanks for stopping by!

    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm really excited for After the End! And Lost Boys looks really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the jordan deen stuff is awesome!! i'm really excited about after the end. i got it the other week too. i hope we both enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you got After The End. That swag package was awesome. I hope you enjoy your new books.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really is an incredible Street Team swag pack! I'm impressed.

    I'm going to have to check out After the End. Love that cover.

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Small, but very interesting book haul, Jessica! and I like your other goodies :) Enjoy all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at the awesome swag pack! I downloaded After The End last week, and The Lost Boys this week...which I DNF'd. Yeah. I just couldn't. You might like it, though I think it's worse than Twilight, so... I'll definitely have to check back and see what you think of it. Happy reading. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  9. I received After the End last week I believe. it looks awesome. The Lost Boys sounds promising but I did wrinkle my nose at the SM comparison. She's not a writer I'd want to be compared to personally. I hope you enjoy it though.

    My Weekly Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
  10. After the end looks good, hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhhh really nice haul! I'm looking forward to reading After The End too, it sounds amazing!

    My Showcase Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, it's a blessing for the pile and a curse as the feeling of lack in receiving breaks your heart. lol. Love all the wolf pack items you got. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice haul! Looking forward to what you think about the new Amy Plum book! Hope you love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a copy of after the end as well :) I hope we both enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Been seeing these 2 books in others' STS posts but I am not so sure if I m going to pick them up. I don't feel any pull from the covers, Jessica!

    But anyway, have fun reading. :D

    Thanks for stopping by Thoughts and Pens.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice haul! I also got After the End. Enjoy your books.
    Here is My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice haul! I haven't heard of either of the books you got. I'll be eager to hear what you think of them. I hope the Twilighty one isn't too Twilighty. Happy reading and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my Sunday Post! I haven't heard of the ARCS you got this week, but they both look like books I'd like! And congrats on that awesome swag - looks like you got TONS of good stuff! :-)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard some iffy things about Amy Plum's new book but I hope you like it. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I also have After the End. I am really looking forward to reading it. Can't wait to see what you think :)

    Enjoy your new reads!
    Have a great week

    Michelle
    Because reading is better than real life

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on getting some swag! Hope you enjoy all of these :)

    Check out my STS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. After the End looks really good I hope you enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh.... nice swag box! That is so cool!! Have a fab week!!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!