Dec 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.




The second book in the Weather Witch series in which Jordan Astrea learns of her true powers

In the intrigue-filled follow up to Weather Witch, Jordan Astraea, once a young Philadelphia lady of good social standing, is now in the final stages of her brutal training to become a Conductor—the Weather Witch who serves as a living battery to keep the massive airliner Artemesia aloft. Meanwhile, Rowen, determined to rescue her after losing his only other true friend and being wanted for murder, has found himself forced aboard a much different air vessel, this one manned by a dangerous crew and carrying a cargo so treasonous, that, if finding its destination, will herald a storm of revolution for the still young United States.

With a spirit for adventure, romance, fantastic world building and cunning imagination, Shannon Delany delivers the sensational follow up to Weather Witch in the second book of the trilogy.


While the first book was a little hard to get into, I am hoping that the second one proves to be much better! Hopefully my memory of book 1 will return as well when reading this one!

TITLE: Stormbringer
AUTHOR: Shannon Delany
PUBLISHER: St. Martin's Griffin
GENRE: Steampunk YA
RELEASE DATE: January 14, 2014 



The first in an all-new urban fantasy series by USA Today bestseller Jaye Wells.

The last thing patrol cop Kate Prospero expected to find on her nightly rounds was a werewolf covered in the blood of his latest victim. But then, she also didn't expect that shooting him would land her in the crosshairs of a Magic Enforcement Agency task force, who wants to know why she killed their lead snitch.

The more Prospero learns about the dangerous new potion the MEA is investigating, the more she's convinced that earning a spot on their task force is the career break she's been wanting. But getting the assignment proves much easier than solving the case. Especially once the investigation reveals their lead suspect is the man she walked away from ten years earlier—on the same day she swore she'd never use dirty magic again.

Kate Prospero's about to learn the hard way that crossing a wizard will always get you burned, and that when it comes to magic, you should be never say never.


YAY! Jaye's new series is almost here! Cannot wait to read this one!

TITLE: Dirty Magic
AUTHOR: Jaye Wells
PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 21, 2014 



 

21 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing!
    Check out our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great, hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I didn't get around to reading Weather Witch this year, but I am really excited about Dirty Magic :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these seems really good, thanks for sharing! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both books have really eye-catching covers. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Jenn @ Books and Swoons

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still have Weather Witch to read must get a wriggle on as book two sounds good. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks as always! I definitely want to read Dirty Magic -- thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not familiar with either books, but I read the summary and they both sound like their going to be good reads! Hope you enjoy them both :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually really did NOT like Weather Witch, but to each their own! I hope you love the sequel.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i missed the first weather witch book but i remember admiring it. i'll have to remember to pick it up the next time i'm in the library so i can read book 2.

    hope you can stop by my WoW post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the sound of them both!! Great picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow they sound really great! Thanks for sharing!:)
    Old Follower:)
    Here's my WoW

    -Marii @The Words Written

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome picks. Just added both to my tbr =)

    Our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those definitely look like some fantastic books! Hope you get to read them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I swear I love your Waiting on Wednesday because I'm always adding new books to my list! These sound fantastic!! Thank you so much for sharing :D Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two new ones for me! Great choices!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome picks. hahhahah, i hat waiting too. Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Baileys @ Unladylike Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't heard of either of those titles, but they do sound pretty good! Thanks for sharing and stopping by, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They both look awesome!
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2013/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Both of these are new to me! Stormbringer has a really cool cover though!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh Dirty Magic sounds really really good. Great picks.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!