Dec 18, 2013

Review--Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh

Nalini Singh, the New York Times bestselling “alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist) returns to an immortal world of violent passion and lethal power…on the brink of a deadly archangelic war.

Angels are falling from the sky in New York, struck down by a vicious, unknown force.

Vampires are dying impossibly of disease.

Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael must discover the source of the wave of death before it engulfs their city and their people, leaving New York a ruin and Raphael’s Tower under siege by enemy archangels.

Yet even as they fight desperately to save the city, an even darker force is stirring, its chill eyes trained on New York…and on Raphael. Rivers of crimson and nightmares given flesh, the world will never again be the same…


After a two year separation, we're back to Elena and Raphael being our star characters in Nalini Singh's latest Guild Hunter novel, Archangel's Legion.

I have to admit, my brain was a little slow to dive back into this one. Mostly because there have been sooo many other reads in between and plus the last two years we had different characters taking the page, I struggled a bit to reorient myself with the problems that presented themselves to Elena and Raphael. And again, there's been lots of books in between my reading of the last one even, that I couldn't find my footing in this one for awhile. Try as I might to just mellow out and enjoy, my brain kept struggling to remember things.

Regardless of my hangups, I did enjoy this one! Elena and Raphael have come such a long way since that first book when they weren't necessarily friendly with one another. I have loved watching these two grow and become so romantic with one another. It definitely made my heart melt a bit there! These two have a lot of passion and fire between them and it's always fun to read! 

There are some big issues going on in this one. There is a new disease on the block that can harm vampires, leading them to die. And its contagious to vampires when transferred through blood. Then there's the ever present threat of Lijuan and Raphael needing to defeat her before she wreaks havoc and ruin to New York. And then Elena has her own personal problem regarding her sister and father. 

I love how Nalini is able to wrap all these issues together. True, they are not necessarily all connected, but for the most part they are. Elena moves from one problem to the next and in between there's lots of other details to see. Such as a moment with good ol Bluebell that I cannot decide if there's more meaning to or not! Only time and more books will tell!

The ending to this one was pretty epic! Not wanting to get into the details and whatall, it definitely opens the door to more problems for Elena and Raphael to have. But for the meantime, there is a happy ending...for the now at least! Cannot wait to read more in this series and kind of hope that we stick with Elena and Raphael again for awhile, but I have no idea what Nalini has in store for us for book 7!


Overall Rating 4/5 stars


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!