Apr 10, 2014

Follow Friday

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

This week's question is: Tell us about a book that you didn’t like and why we shouldn’t read it…nicely.


MY ANSWER: Okay, I find this to be a tough one. Just because I didn't enjoy a book, I don't like to tell people not to read it. That's never been the way I roll. I just say in my reviews what didn't work for me.

But let's try this anyway, to all you paranormal readers out there, I would recommend against reading:

Jodi Lynn Anderson's The Vanishing Season. I just read an ARC of it last week and I seriously did not like it at all. My review will be up closer to its release. But the short version is that I was expecting it to be a thriller! A nice YA thriller with a small twist of paranormal. I didn't get any of that!

The "thriller" part was extremely weak, the mystery part nearly nonexistent. The paranormal element? Also very weak. It basically turned out to be a contemporary read with very weak mystery, thriller and paranormal elements and I mean really weak. They weren't apart of the story at all practically.

But if you like contemporaries with very low key, barely there paranormal, thriller and mystery elements then I would recommend this read to you. But if you're a paranormal, thriller or mystery reader in the YA area, I wouldn't recommend this. Unless you too, like contemporaries! 




18 comments:

  1. YEESH!! It must've been bad. The cover looks great though!! ;)

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a weak one! Have a good week. New GFC follower here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can definitely understand as to why you dislike the book! :( I hope the book you're reading is interesting! :)
    New GFC follower :) Visit me?

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a bummer when books don't meet our expectations! This sounded like such a good one, too. I just got her book Tiger Lily, which I've heard amazing things about and I'm excited to read.

    Andrea @ Bookish
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have not heard of this book yet. I hope you are reading something enjoyable now. Happy reading! New GFC follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It stinks when a book were excited about comes out and it is kind of disappointing. Thank you for stopping by. :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that sucks! It's very frustrating when books billed as one genre don't deliver. Beautiful cover though.
    Old follower, have a great weekend Jessica =)
    Alma @Journey Through Fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, dear! I have this for review. It sounds like I'm probably going to be disappointed. Sad!

    Thanks for stopping by. Old follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was very disappointed with this book! Not what I was expecting at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. That stinks! I hate whenever books are such a let down. Here's to hoping you find a better read soon! Can't wait for the review of this one.

    Thanks for stopping by My FF! Old follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you have a great day/ weekend as well!

    I haven't read this book... but now I definitely don't want to.. ;)


    Great post! I'm a new follower! Xx.

    My FF Post.

    My blog link.

    - Cary.

    [Following you on Twitter now as well]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Old follower. Thanks for stopping by my FF!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping through. Too bad it didn't work for you. i like the cover.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, Happy weekend.. I've never heard of that book before, but it really doesn't sound all that great. That is very disappointing when that happens!

    Old follower,
    My F&F
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty cover! But I'll definitely avoid it.
    Thanks for stopping by :)
    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sucks. I've been getting into YA thrillers lately, but if it's weak, then ugh. Sorry this one didn't work out for you! Thanks for stopping by my FF, Jessica! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. No fun at all! I don't get why some books are advertised as being thrillers or paranormal if they aren't really, because readers who enjoy those genres are bound to be disappointed.

    Sorry I'm so late getting back to you, Jessica - I've had such a busy few weeks, and I think it'll continue like that until the middle of June o.O

    I hope you're having a fantastic week.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, that's a bummer, but thanks for the heads up about this book! Hope you had a great weekend!
    ~Pam @ Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!