Apr 6, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



Another awesome week!

Here's what I bought:

Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige--already read, reviewed and loved! Here's my review
Stone Cold by Devon Monk


Then I fell victim to another bookmark, you can't ever have enough really:

Too perfect, had to own, so I did!


Then for review from the publishers and author, I received:

The Dark World by Cara Lynn Shultz (ARC)
The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead (ARC)
Search by Alyssa Rose Ivy (ARC)

THANKS HARLEQUIN TEEN, DUTTON, NETGALLEY, & ALYSSA!!


And then over the weekend while out of town, I fell victim to Hot Topic's BOGO half off sale, and on top of that BOGO FREE Divergent items sale. Here's what I ended up spending a bit too much on:

Okay so from the left to right I bought this really snazzy Disney princess makeup bag (see pic on right), it's in comic strip style and on the back it says: It's tough to be a princess. And basically shows the drama the princesses endure: I didn't even know his name. But Daddy...I love him, Please don't leave me, I can't leave you! I got a kick out of it!
Then a very exclusive Hot Topic Pop figurine of Belle wearing glasses!! I had to have it because it's perfect. Belle wearing glasses, having brown hair, loving books. All she needs is a book in her hands. Might have to make one!
Then I got a Supernatural bracelet that says Team Dean, then once you flip it inside out is says Team Sam. So perfect!
Then there's a locket that has the symbol on it to protect oneself from getting possessed and inside is a pic of Sam & Dean. Again so perfect!
Then I bought a Disney bracelet that says Keep Calm and Dream Big. There's a pic of Minnie's head.
Then I bought two buttons with Sam, Dean and Castiel that says Join the Hunt
3 Theo mini buttons and 2 Dauntless mini buttons and finally
a Dauntless bracelet!

So yes I went a little crazy! But I plan to do a giveaway next month, so I plan on sharing the button love! And the Dauntless bracelet too! But I have to say I love the Disney lineup Hot Topic has!

Whew!

 And then FINALLY, the last leg of my haul is movies! I finally bought 2 comic book movies because Amazon had them on sale finally:

and of course: Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy Blu Ray-DVD combo pack (so my niece can have the DVD version! It's the perfect way to share!)



And that about tapped out my account this week. And there's still more preorders to come next week! Oi vey! But I can't say I don't love the books! (and movies and other swag-like items I got from Hot Topic! I rarely get bit by the shopping bug, more of a saver in the long run. But every now and then, I treat myself to a splurge and I really splurge when I do!)

SO what did you all get this week?




31 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a suprise sale! Even if you end up with too much!

    Thanks for stopping by yesterday. Seen amazing things about Dorothy Must Die. I am glad you liked it so much. I am thinking of getting it next pay day.

    Enjoy the rest your weekend and have a great week! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read Dorothy Must Die! I've seen nothing but praise for it the past few weeks. Sounds so good. And sales are the perfect excuse to go a little mad! :D Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen Dorothy Must Die around a lot! Hope you enjoy it when you read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul, love the bookmark! Thanks for stopping by too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Immortal Crown! I have that one and I'm quite excited to get back to Mae and Justin's world. I've been seeing a lot of people reading Dorothy Must Die and I think it's getting some good reviews. Enjoy all your books and goodies Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul of interesting stuff. I never get the shopping urge. So my wallet is safe from the Hot Topic goodies. I was looking at Dorothy Must Die but it sounded a little strange to me. I may read it later if it ever becomes a Kindle Daily Deal. I hope you enjoy your new books and stuff. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard nothing but good things about Dorothy Must Die, and I'm glad to know that you loved it too! :)

    Ack, I'm so jealous - I'm dying to read The Immortal Crown!

    Great haul, Jessica!

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul! I want all the Disney and Supernatural stuff lol. I am also very jealous that you got Dorothy Must Die, very excited to read that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Geat Haul. I am exited for The Dark World

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the Dark World to read, as well, and I can't wait! And I must have missed that the new Tinkerbell movie came out. I'm going to have to get that one and claim it's just for my daughter. ;-) Great haul! I'm sure you'll enjoy it down to the last pin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice haul, Jessica! I can't wait to see what you think of The Immortal Crown!

    I hope you've had a wonderful weekend :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to read Dorothy Must Die! I also love the Tinker Bell bookmark and I can't wait until I get my hands on Tinker Bell and the Pirate Fairy!
    Great haul, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some great things, I can't wsit to read Dorothy Must Die! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to read Dorothy Must Die, I love anything Oz related. Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice haul. Dorothy Must Die is going to be good i hope. The Tinker Bell bookmark is cute Enjoy your new books.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excited for Dorothy Must Die!
    I just watched the new Tinkerbell movie last night and loved it. Loki!!! I love how they finally brought in Hook and I'm hoping the next book is the one where Tink FINALLY meets Peter Pan. Love the Disney bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooooooooooh, lucky! I wanted to read The Immortal Crown so badly!! I hope you enjoy it. Great haul by the way!

    Ivana @ BookishTeens

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the little buttons and swag! And I'm not too keen on reading Dorothy Must Die, but I am interested in what you think of that one. Enjoy your new books and swag, Jessica!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really want Dorothy Must Die but Amazon UK seems to have run out. Hope you enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dark World sounds good, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Tinkerbell! And fairies. Awesome books you got enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Jessica, awesome haul this week! I got an ARC of Dorothy Must Die a couple weeks ago, and I'm SO excited to read it after I finished this beta read I'm doing now!!!

    I love all the other goodies you got too! I'll be buying Tinkerbell and the Pirate Fairy tomorrow for my daughter also, but of course I have to watch it too! ;) Tinkerbell is one of my all time faves of Disney!

    Anyways, thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! That's quite a collection of different things you got there. Love the Tinker Bell bookmark and all the other little trinkets.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Immortal Crown :D Yes! I can't wait for that one. Also, very much love the Tink bookmark! You're very right about never having enough. Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  25. OO Stone Cold I spy!! I have reserved # 1. Can't wait to read about Terric and Shamus. Love the Bogo stuff. Not sure I know what that is. But you sound pretty pleased with your purchases and the free bits. Dorothy Must Die cover is pretty cool!!

    Enjoy!

    Mich

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all of Hop Topic's Disney items!!! Every time I go in there I am in some sort of crazy Disney high!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ahhhh you got Dorothy Must DIe! I'm so jealous, I have to get myself a copy soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stone Cold was AWESOME! And I need to read the Richelle mead book too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a great makeup bag!! Great haul.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome haul girl! So many good things! I really need to catch up on Devon Monk's books! I loved her Allie series!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!