Apr 19, 2014

Top 5 Sundays

Top 5 Sundays is a weekly blog meme created by Larissa at Larissa's Bookish Life.

Every Sunday I will post a TOP 5 list on the blog. It can be about anything and every week I'll have a new theme {You can vote on next week’s theme on my left sidebar!} and I will ad the Mr.Linky bellow the post so you can do a list with the theme and add you link to it.


Rules:

1 - Write a post listing your TOP 5 choices within the theme I chose (or was chosen on a poll) for the week.

2 - Mention this Blog on the post and link back to it.

3 - Feel free to use the Feature's image (there is a smaller size version of it bellow)

4 - After you've finished your post, add you link (of the post, not your blog's main page) to the Mr.Linky at the end of that week's post.
5 – If you don’t have a blog to post, just leave your list in the comments =)


This week's topic is: FAVORITE COVER STYLES


*in no particular order

How I went with this topic was basically picking covers from favorite series where I LOVED the cover art. I did my best to explain why I loved the cover art, what elements and all that caused me to fall in love!


THE HOLLOWS SERIES
by Kim Harrison

Kim's cover styles have always been awesome! It seemed as the series was building we never got to see Rachel's face. she was always seen from behind or just her leg or in the shadows. The same went with Kim's author photo too, if you noticed! Now of course we get to see Rachel in all her unhindered glory!  

Then plus I like this "style" because we get to see the heroine. And the backgrounds are always vibrant and awesome as well!


13 TO LIFE SERIES
by Shannon Delany

This should surprise no one! Unless you're new followers of course! I became in love with this series purely based on the cover! That it was about werewolves also added to it! But I am a total sucker for woodsy, night scenes and moons! I just love that combination! And the blue is just the icing on the top!


NIGHT PRINCE SERIES
by Jeaniene Frost

Normally, I don't go for the half naked guy cover. Nothing against them, they just never wowed me. Too romancey. But I guess since THIS is VLAD, well you kind of have to love it! And yeah, I do admire seeing these covers! Because Vlad just has that look in his eyes that says "yeah, just try to mess with me!"



STUDY TRILOGY (original cover art)
by Maria V. Snyder

I truly loved the look of the original first two Study books. I thought Yelena just looked awesome. It had that fantastical feel to it, without being too overwhelming with the worldbuilding. It's the right feel for a fantasy novel! Sooo looking forward to seeing what the new covers will look like! If you've been having trouble finding the first trilogy, it's because the books are out of print. They will be reissued starting December with BRAND NEW covers that will end up matching the NEW STUDY trilogy starting in March!


DARK ANGELS SERIES
by Keri Arthur

I love how the last few books of the Dark Angels series have looked! Risa has looked sooo awesome! And I love her wings. The wings are what totally sell the cover I think. They are just incredible! Nalini Singh's Guild Hunter series is similar too when they show Elena's wings (when she's on the cover). Guess overall I am sucker for the angel wings!




 

1 comment:

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!