Apr 8, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page  
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE  
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"'That's not what I mean. I'm not tied to anything specifically--no gods. No ravens.'

I wouldn't mind being tied to her, said Horatio. Kindle location 230/5314*


*This quote comes from my ARC and therefore it and its location are NOT final










TITLE: The Immortal Crown
AUTHOR: Richelle Mead

PUBLISHER: Dutton Adult
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: May 29, 2014







Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Most Unique Books I've Read


*in no particular order


 1. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder--just such a unique world with magic!
2. Old Magic by Marianne Curley--another unique spin with magic and time travelling
3. Shadow Bound by Erin Kellsion--more twists with magic and shadows. Also has fairy tale elements weaved in!


4. Nocturne by Syrie James--a beautifully retold tale of Beauty and the Beast, where the beast is a vampire!
5. Shadowland by Jenny Carroll (Meg Cabot)--my first ghost book and what a unique twist it was!
6. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova--a great historical fiction read about Dracula!


7. Dracula: The Undead by Dacre Stoker & Ian Holt--the sequel to Dracula, many, many years later! But still an interesting twist!
8. Once Bitten by Kalayna Price--just an awesome blend of paranormals in a closed world! Still waiting for book 3 too!
9. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater--a very different spin to werewolves! I enjoyed it despite the mixed reviews!


10. 3:59 by Gretchen McNeil--an awesome thriller with parallel universes, crossing dimensions, and a paranormal twist!





29 comments:

  1. Nice tease. Interesting last line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting teaser, that book is new to me!

    Here's my TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Historian looks amazing, going to have to check that one out! And the teaser from The Immortal Crown makes it sound like a fun book! I hope you enjoy it! :) Thanks for sharing!
    My Teaser
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shiver is amazing, isn't it?! I really love that book to bits...it was like my 3rd Maggie Stiefvater read and after that I'm pretty sure she can do no wrong in my eyes. Like, my favourite all time author!! x) My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh Nocturne looks really intriguing! I really need to read something by Maggie Stiefvater soon. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser. I still haven't read book one in the series. My teasers this week are from The Chance by Robyn Carr and House of Ivy & Sorrow by Natalie Whipple. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice list! I´ve read and liked Shiver. I liked the twist in the werewolves too.
    Here is My Top 10 Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way the author used the different meanings of "tied to" in your Teaser. Clever.
    My Teaser is from SNOW FENCE ROAD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh! I've read and loved about half your list. I considered putting The Historian on mine but decided not to for some reason. Awesome.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing! I haven't read anything yet by Richelle Mead.

    I loved Poison Study and Shiver! Here is my teaser! Shut Up & Read

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh great tease! I gotta start that series! and loving the list, lots of books I need to check out!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I was going to put The Historian on my list and then I realized that I'm probably beating a dead horse by spewing my love of that book. But excellent choice!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Historian is a really great read, it's up there on my list of favorites. Have you read The Swan Thieves by Kostova? I actually read that first and thought it was a really unpredictable book in a completely enjoyable way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed Shiver :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I almost requested The Immortal Crown on Netgalley because I love the cover and I love Richelle Mead. BUT I haven't read book one - a trusted friend wasn't very impressed with it and so I've put it way at the bottom of the "must-read-now" books. I liked your teasers for it though!

    Holly @ Words Fueled by Love

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really liked the Shiver series. There's something magical about how Maggie writes.

    I still need to read the first book in this new Mead series.

    ReplyDelete
  17. An interesting teaser, makes me want to know more about the book. I haven't read any of the book on your top-ten list, though The Historian and Shiver are on my wishlist. My teaser: The Widow’s Walk

    ReplyDelete
  18. The only one of these I have read is Poison Study and I remember really enjoying that one, and it was quite a unique read. May have to add some of these to my own TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great teaser and list. I didn't think of the Dracula sequel, but I read that a few years ago and enjoyed it as well. :D Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, I LOVE the Teaser! I would love to know more about who he wants to be tied too...lol! :) Sounds good! I hope you enjoy it! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my TT @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooooo I remember reading Old Magic. It was one of my favorites. It's been so long since I've read it! And The Historian, Mediator, Poison Study! Love them all! Great picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. After several failed attempts at Shiver, I finally gave in and decided it just wasn't for me. I love the cover though! LOL! Great teaser too! :)

    Great teaser too. I have Gameboard of the Gods, though after mixed reviews I held off on reading it. Hope you're enjoying your book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. The only ones I've read are Shiver and Poison Study, and I really liked both of them! Great list!

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider Silk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Interesting teaser and lots of new to me books on your list - Poison Study looks really intriguing. I'd like to check that one out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lots of books new to me although I have read Poison Study (loved that series) and The Historian (great book), lots to look up xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooh, I remember your review of Gameboard of the Gods...can't wait to see what you think of The Immortal Crown. :) I LOVED Shiver and The Historian too!! I haven't read the others on your list...but I own a few. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great tease! I hope you are enjoying Immortal Crown, I was approved this week! Now.... need to make more time!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm excited to read The Immortal Crown as well :D

    Thanks for visiting my post earlier :)

    Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!