Apr 24, 2014

Random Thursday

Here's another random factoid I learned from Disney Desk Calendar 2014! No other blooper/mistakes yet! But I'm keeping an eye out for them!

Did you know that Mulan was 16? Her age was never mentioned. I guess, I just assumed she was somewhere in that age category 16-18 or thereabout. But I never really gave any thought to it--or to any of the other princesses either! The ages are hardly ever mentioned!

The only princesses we ever got ages from were Aurora, Ariel, and Rapunzel. *Unless Merida's was mentioned. I've only watched that one once. Need to do so again, but I ended up crying the first go around!

Aurora and Ariel are 16 as well, who could forget Ariel shouting "Daddy, I'm sixteen. I'm not a child!" Aurora was cursed to prick her finger at 16 and die, but the fairies twisted it so she would fall asleep. 16 is just a magical age for princesses I guess!

Rapunzel was actually marked as 18 because it was her birthday, pretty much making her the oldest "known" princess when it comes to age. 

Isn't that just weird?!






3 comments:

  1. Awww I love this post! I guess these posts! I never get too old for Disney lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I never thought about the fact that few of the Disney princesses have their ages discussed in their movies. I just always assumed they all fall within the 16-18 age range, but maybe that's because of the YA I read. Thanks for the info!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always just assumed the princesses were all in that range too. Though I never knew specifically that Mulan was 16 either. Have you watched Frozen? I was actually trying to guess the sisters' ages while I was watching the other day, just some random thought. Funny how this post came up now and made me think about that :)

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!