Apr 29, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:
1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"The man missed, but Mama's heart was going thump, thump, thump. That was another fae thing Augustine wasn't supposed to talk about, being able to hear extra-quiet sounds like people's hearts beating." Kindle location 135/6111*







*This quote comes from my ARC edition, therefore it and its page location are not final








TITLE: House of the Rising Sun
AUTHOR: Kristen Painter

PUBLISHER: Orbit
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: May 13, 2014






Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books If You Like Supernatural
(yeah, not very original, but what can I say? I like the supernatural/paranormal with a good dose of action! And hot guys! ;) )


*in no particular order


1. The Hollows series by Kim Harrison--a perfect read for paranormal lovers! It has it all! And there's more than 1 hot guy in this series!
2. Women of the Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong--another perfect series read for paranormal lovers!
3. Kitty Norvile series by Carrie Vaughn--the beginning of this series was awesome! Lately the stories aren't really exciting, they're still good though. But definitely recommend the early books!


4. H&W Investigations series by Jess Haines--another actiony series filled with multiple paranormals! Plus controversial issues regarding paranormals vs humans
5. Jaz parks series by Jennifer Rardin--an amazing series with paranormals and a crime investigating gig going on! (Still sadden about Jennifer's passing nearly 4 years ago)
6. Dark Days series by Jocelynn Drake--the ultimate actiony/paranormal read! 


7. Jessica McClain series by Amanda Carlson--a great werewolf story with a kick-butt female heroine!
8. Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost--a perfect blend of paranormaly goodness and Bones definitely fits the bill on hot guys!
9. Riley Jenson series by Keri Arthur--another awesome series! Although it definitely has the action plot going on, it has stronger romantic plots then you'd see on Supernatural. But still hot guys! Lots of them!


10. Signs of the Zodiac series by Vicki Pettersson--plenty of action in this one! Super heroes vs super villains!







16 comments:

  1. Interesting teaser, Jessica! I'll check the book when it's out ;)

    Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice tease. I haven't read too many fae books. Might need to check this one out.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh, that is a great teaser and the cover just looks gorgeous!! I'll surely keep this in mind for when it's released!
    Here's my teaser: http://darkfrannysthoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/teaser-tuesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, you've managed to pick up most of my favourites - Armstrong, Vaughn and Frost rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I need to read Halfway to the Grave! I hear amazing things about that series! Love the list!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only seen Supernatural gifs on tumblr but I feel like I have to give it a try. The only problem is that I'm so behind and it would take forever to catch up!

    Thanks for stopping by.
    Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Teaser from House of the Rising Sun sounds really good! I also love the title, but I like how the main character describes being able to hear her mother's heartbeat. It's almost flippant and yet she seems aware it's special! Thanks for stopping by :) I hope you have a great week!
    Juli

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your teaser is very enticing, Jessica, and I absolutely love your Top Ten list!

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser. And great list. Love Supernatural! :D (If you like it, you'd probably like The Walking Dead. :D Just saying.)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the Riley Jenson series! as a Supernatural fan I may have to look into a few of these others. Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic tease! I of course LOVE Rachel and gang, Cat and Bones, Riley Jenson, and Jaz Parks and I'm laughing because the majority of my book boyfriends are in those series. I would have to add Kate Daniels and Katy Swartz to the mix as well :D Great list! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that tease, Jessica! AND YES, YES to your choices in fav supernaturals! I love The Hollows, The Otherworld, the Kitty Norville series, the Nighthuntress series AND the Riley Jensen series. I really need to get some PNR/UF into my book diet! *ha*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great tease! I bet her heart was thumping!!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  14. I definite like supernatural. these look like great picks! and the House of The Rising Son looks great too. Thanks for checking out my TTT ! - Katie ( old follower ) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!