Apr 23, 2014

Review--Angel Fever by L.A. Weatherly

As half-angel Willow strives to save the world from her parasitic otherworldly kin, romance and tension heat up to a climactic finale.

In the devastated remains of the world, millions of people live in "refugee" camps provided by the angels who have all but enslaved humanity. As this angelic stranglehold tightens, Willow and Alex are recruiting and training new Angel Killers while struggling to hold ground on the celestial battlefield. But Willow continues to have feelings for Seb, and her love and resolve are tested as a shattering revelation sends Alex on a separate journey. Now that the final battle versus the angels is about to begin-and the fate of the world hangs in the balance-each of them must face the consequences of their own choices. Will love endure? Will the human race survive?




L.A. Weatherly brings her Angel series to a close with Angel Fever. It took me awhile to finally get around to reading it but I am so glad I did! It was as amazing as its predecessors! The same heart-racing feelings I had in the prior books continued to possess me in this one!

Many months have gone by since we last saw our heroes. Alex, Willow and Seb are now helping to train other AKs in a secret bunkhouse type place. They are more determined than ever to put an end to the angels' reign. And as they work to build a plan, things go horribly wrong before they can even start!

I will admit I struggled a bit in the beginning as I tried to hopelessly recall what happened last time as I read Angel Fire in July last year (yes, I had to look that tidbit up!). But it wasn't long before I was immersed within the story and all was well again! For me at least, trying to remember previous books can be sooo hard sometimes! Totally get why some people wait until all books are released until starting a series now!

I was surprised by how soon it seems that Alex and Willow were separated. And the amount of time that goes by, first we get a bit of what's going on right after Angel Fire, then 10 months past and after a couple of chapters we're nearly a year ahead in time! And yet, all the while, you never feel like you're missing out on things, it's only little details that are going on around Willow and her friends. It's hard to remember that nearly two years have passed once we reach the epic showdown at the end!

I gotta admit, that as weird as the romance started between Willow and Alex, I have grown to love it! He had kidnapped her, sort of, in the first book. So they're falling in love seemed odd. Especially with how cold Alex acted. But yet, I could totally understand why they fall in love. It was bound to happen anyway.

And Seb was there again! Seb was definitely a character that surprised me when we first met him. I didn't like how he was somehow coming between Alex and Willow, but yet, I did grow to like him. And I was quite happy with how he turned out in the end!

Willow is a fun character as well. Although, after the halfway mark, at some point I just couldn't understand her choices and behavior. On some level I did get it, but on the deeper comprehension I was totally lost. So yeah, I was disliking her a bit for awhile too. But as I've said before that just proves quality writing where you can love a character and hate her at the same time!

Needless to say, there was one helluva battle at the end! And it was awesome! As you know, this is told through multiple points of view. So we know what Alex, Willow, Seb and even Raziel are thinking and feeling at any point. And getting all their perspectives during the battle was awesome! It was the kind of action I like to see in a book when the timing is right of course! And boy was it right for this one! 

The series ending was splendid! After all our characters have been fighting for, I was glad to see things turn out the way they did! It was an amazing trilogy over all and I am happy to have read it! I look forward to more from this author should she decide to give us readers more!


Overall Rating 4/5 stars




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!