Apr 28, 2014

MOVIE Review--Captain America: The Winter Soldier

So I finally saw Captain America: The Winter Solider today. I had wanted to see Divergent with a friend but she couldn't make it and then my mom offered to go see this one with me. So we did!

It was really good! Although I regret not watching the first one prior to seeing this. There were a few things I was a bit lost on, but still had that sense of "knowing" things happened.

I guess one thing I was glad to see was that the Avengers movie wasn't playing a huge role in the aftermath. I liked it in Iron Man 3, but worried everyone would have to rehash what happened. We even got a little bit of that in Thor 2. 

In this one there was a great conspiracy going on with S.H.I.E.L.D. and possible corruption on the inside when Nick Fury is attacked very early on. And yes, I will admit to "cheating" and checking my phone to see if he was going to be in The Avengers 2, which I had thought he was going to be in it anyway. 

Lots of good action in this one! Naturally since it was an action movie. Kind of saw who the Winter Solider was going to be and the other bad guy wasn't nearly as surprising, but that didn't detract from the awesomeness of the movie!

I feel kind of bad for Steve Rogers as he still has no lady love in his life. Granted there was his love from his time before, but she is older now. There doesn't seem to be anyone in his life yet. Although, it seemed possible for one particular woman in his life to be a possible love interest, but it wasn't expanded upon.

The Black Widow is there again as well. I love Scarlett Johansson's portrayal of Natasha. She's a fun character, yet sometimes befuddles me. I thought she kind of had a thing going for Hawkeye in The Avengers. And then is seemed she might almost like Steve. So I'm not sure where she really stands or if she stands anywhere in this matter.

And finally one new character another new hero, the Falcon comes into play. He was pretty awesome. Just kickass awesome! I don't know my comic book history but I definitely love seeing these movies.

The ending to this one definitely leaves you wondering what will happen with the characters next. Such as the fate of the Winter Solider. I haven't heard if there's to be another Captain America movie, or if these plot threads will get picked up in The Avengers 2. Although the first clip at the end of the credits seemed to be setting something up for a future movie. That one may have been Avengers 2. Only time will tell I guess! Definitely love this movie franchise though!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars




 

4 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten a chance to go out to see this. Nor Divergent for that matter! Like you a lot of people I've talked to enjoyed Captain America a lot.

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to see this movie! Everyone seems to be loving it and I hope to get to see it soon. I love these movies! Great review!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to watch this movie so I am glad you liked it so much. It seems to be getting some rave reviews! I have seen on IMBD that Black Widow is getting her own movie so I am looking forward to that one! :)

    Great review!

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely loved this movie! It felt like a proper old-school spy thriller, with the big conspiracies going on etc. And I loved that there was such a friendship between Natasha and Steve!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!