Aug 5, 2012

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!




I had a pretty good week! Added just a few titles to the TBR mountain!



For review from the publishers via Netgalley and Edelweiss, I got:

Into the Woods by Kim Harrison (ARC)
The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa (ARC)


Thanks Harlequin Teen & Harper Voyager!


Then books I bought were:

The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter--my keeper copy since I read the ARC!
Kitty Steals the Show by Carrie Vaughn



I also got some other goodies in the mail! I ordered these last week or the week before...can't remember when! But they came! And they're Disney!!

 This adorable Mickey Mouse ears ornament, although right now it's on my bookshelf as an all year round decor! It's Princess Aurora's Mouse Ear Hat! The front as you can see is her pink dress with the rose, her gold crown, then a spinning wheel in one ear and the three good fairies in light ball form on the other! It was just so awesome and had the elements of the movie, I had to get it! What sealed the deal was seeing the back as the blue dress--my fave part in the movie is when the fairies argue over the dress color! And Aurora's signature on the back of the ear was a nice touch too!

 Then I got this cute little keepsake box! It's from the Haunted Mansion and it's one of the sliding picture frames! You know, in the beginning they look like nice little portraits and then they slide down to reveal it being a little scary? This is one of my fave rides at Disney World! I bought this one for myself because they had a one day BOGO deal!

Then I got this one as my freebie, since I felt like I didn't need two Haunted Mansion portraits! I thought I would save this and give it to my niece one day. She'll be turning four later this year before Xmas, but I thought I might wait another year since it is a ceramic type box. It's so cute too! It was smaller than I thought, but still adorable! Plus she'll know Cinderella by that time! Well she'll know Cinderella by October this year when it comes out of the vault!



And that was my haul for the week! I really only added 3 books to the mountain, so not bad! What did you get? Any other special not book goodies?





34 comments:

  1. The Mickey Mouse ears are so cute/beautiful!

    I need to read the Iron Fey series still. There's too many books though I still have to read in my shelves.

    http://booksandcollege.blogspot.com/2012/08/stacking-shelves-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lost prince! :D I'm jealous! I really want to read that one. I recently sent my request, so I hope that they will accept it.

    I LOVE Disney, so I love your little Disney haul <3

    Happy reading!
    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/showcase-sunday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection. I have The Lost Prince too and am really looking forward to reading it. It will be while though. There are lots of books ahead of it on my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the Disney stuff, I admit to not having read the Iron Fey series, although I do own all the books, great haul, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ear hats are fabulous! I like those a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. GAH! This reminds me that I am SO behind on both Julie and Kim's series... :/

    Anyways, love the Disney stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Haunted Mansion sliding box. Definitely one of my favorite rides there too!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Disney ornaments are adorable!! My mother is a HUGE Disney fan, and she would just freak over those!! Great books too! ;) I really need to read the Iron Fey series... I've heard it's just amazing! Do you have to read the Iron Fey series first before starting the Lost Prince? I hope you enjoy all of your goodies this week!!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul and cute items.

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/stacking-shelves-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. ahhhhh! The Lost Prince! That one's on my TBR list and I can't wait to get it myself! Hope you enjoy!
    The disney ornaments are SO adorable!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely books, Jessica, and some adorable ears :))) Enjoy all your reads and goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Micky Mouse ornaments are adorable. I really like the detail and colors on them. Great haul!

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm green with jealousy at all the Lost Prince arcs I see around. I need to finish the Iron Fey asap and hopefully get approved for that book!!
    Also, the Mickey ears are soo cute!!

    Thanks for stopping by my showcase Sunday!

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute! Love your books I need to read some as well. happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice haul. I always love seeing what my friends get as well. Enjoy your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the Mickey ornaments!
    I have Lost Prince too and can't wait to jump in.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Into the Woods and The Lost Prince look fantastic! I'm hoping to start the Goddess Test series soon.

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM, Jessica, and have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great haul this week! I have heard so many great things about The Lost Prince and Kitty Steals the Show! I can't wait to get my hands on them too! I hope you enjoy your books! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by My StS post! Ohhhh...and very cute Disney stuff you got! That Cinderella one is too adorable! :D

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Haunted Mansion! *-* Oh, I need one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great haul especially those Mickey Mouse ears :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome haul! =D

    People are so excited for The Lost Prince

    Here's my Book Haul post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, I love those Disney ornaments! So adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just finished The Lost Prince about five minutes!! Got me in the mood to re-read The Iron Knight! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am super jealous that you have The Lost Prince. I am dying to read that book! And I love all the disney stuff. Happy Reading and thanks for stoppin by My IMM

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhhh I am SO excited to read The Lost Prince! Can't wait to get approved for it!!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my stacking the shelf post :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Disney! That Haunted Mansion box is so neat.

    Into the Woods sounds interesting! Neat. I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  27. omg I <3<3<3 Kim Harrison! Looking forward to your thoughts on that one! ^_^ Major Hollows fan here :) Kitty steals the show looks really good.

    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhh :) Nice goodies! Love Disney stuff!! Great books too :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Chrystina @BookLiaison

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm so jealous that you got The Lost Prince! I haven't finished The Iron Fey series yet but I hope to soon so I can get to that one =) I hope you enjoy everything and thanks for checking out my IMM =)

    ~Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those Disney ornaments are soo cool!

    Everyone's saying TLP is awesome, so I hope you think so too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Yay for Lost Prince! Hope you love it as much as I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Cute keepsake stuff and awesome books this week. The Lost Prince sounds especially amazing. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Where did you get those ornaments?? ? ?? ? ?

    Love them!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!