Aug 16, 2012

Friday Hops

This is a weekly blog meme hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read.

Here are the general rules to Follow Friday:
1. Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts and any one else you want to follow on the list
2. Follow our Featured Bloggers
3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing.
4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say hi in your comments
5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can
6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
7. If you want to show the link list, just follow the link below the entries and copy and paste it within your post!
8. If your new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!


This week's question is: What blogger inspires you? It can be any kind, it doesn’t have to be a book blog.



MY ANSWER: Oh, that is too hard! There are wayyy too many bloggers who've inspired me. I seriously can't answer this one I'm afraid. All the blogs I follow have inspired me a little in some way! Short answer and a little lame, but that's all I can say.






TGIF is a weekly feature created and hosted by GReads! that recaps the week's post and has a different question each week.


This week's question is: Pimp Your Review: Feature a favorite book review you've written in the past that you feel deserves more love! 


MY ANSWER: Ugh. Why does this seem harder than it needs to be? I don't really favor my reviews all that much.

My reviews have no consistency. They can be jumbled thoughts or sometimes more organized. It really just depends on my frame of mind when writing them. Usually it's right after finishing the book, so my emotions can be pretty intense. Other times I can be calm and gush why I loved the book or didn't, but usually did!
 
So here's my review for Gena Showalter's Twisted. (Just click the title to go to the review) This was the review I was quoted from and will be featured in Alice in Zombieland next month! It only has 3 comments, so maybe you'd all like to see the review anyway! It's what got me quoted at least! 

And I am still dying in agonizing pain waiting for the next and final book! Of course my memory has faded a bit on some of the details, but the important threads are still vibrant in my head. Really really hoping Gena has it coming out next year. But I really haven't heard anything about it.


 
 

43 comments:

  1. I know! So hard to choose just a few bloggers! Happy Friday!
    My FF
    ~Caitlin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great answer, Jessica! Thanks for stopping by my FF. Happy Friday to you also . (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answer its so true, and so hard to pick just one.

    I love Gena Showalter, she is one of my fave author's though I have read this series yet.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! I couldn't pick just one either because I love all the blogs I follow!

    New GFC follower! :) Here's My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great TGIF choice! I read your review (and commented) and put the book on my wish list. Well at least the first on in the series ;).

    New follower :)

    Helene @ Helene's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old follower, I know exactly what you mean, thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean, it was so hard not to include everyone!
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your answer is great, I also believe that every blog you read and follow inspires you.
    Have a great Friday!

    Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree that it was really difficult to choose!

    Thanks for stopping by my FF post earlier!

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're right it was my problem, so many wonderful blogs like that that inspire me as well.

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's impossible to choose but I made a small list of blogs I visit quite a lot and I mentioned you too ;) Thanks for sharing!#My FF
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree. Too many lovely blogs! :) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great answer! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)
    Christina@ Ensconced in YA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great answer! :) New follower.

    Click HERE for my FF. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great answer. There are a lot of great book blogs.

    Here's mine - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. There are so many good ones. It was a hard question this week :)

    Lynsey @ The Demon Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great answer! New follower :)

    Here's mine: FF

    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was a really hard question. I feel like I should have named more. lol Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had soo many I wanted to pick, but I actually chose one over at my blog.

    New Follower!

    Andrea @ Literary Getaway

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for stopping by my FF. I read your review of Twisted- great review. I'm inspired to start this series- have book #1 on my shelves. It must be such a great feeling to have your review quoted by the author.

    Old Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  21. your answer isn't lame :p and I totally agree with you :) Thanks for stopping by my FF <3

    Old follower :)

    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your answer! It's so difficult to pick! I picked some but that doesn't mean there aren't any other blogs that inspire me!

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know what you mean, It so hard to choose which blogs are inspiring!
    I choose you as one though! Because I love your blog sooo much!!!

    Old follower-
    My FF

    Don’t forget to stop by and enter My giveaway

    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree with you, I wouldn't be able to pick one person only. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lol then my answer is kind of lame too, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who went that route with her answer. :)

    Have a lovely weekend, Jessica, and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great answer! Hopping through ;) Happy Friday <3
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    Old Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great answer! I get a bit of inspiration from every blog I read too.
    Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great answer!

    old follower
    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/feature-and-follow-817.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for stopping by! Gonna check out your review, I loved Twisted. :)

    Jessi @ Auntie Spinelli Reads

    ReplyDelete
  30. Best answer to a question like that...and so true of all of us. New GFC follower hopping thorough. I'm at http://www.romanticreadingescapes.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. I always hate singling people out too the community as a whole is filled with so many great bloggers! Sweet answer!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  32. I think that was an awesome answer. I agree every blogger I follow has a some inspiration. old follower

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great answer! I'm a new follower!

    Ashley
    Booksaremylove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yeah, it was hard to name just one blog that inspired me :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I agree with you, I get inspiration from a lot of blogs. Thanks for stopping by my blog, old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great answer this week!! Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my follow Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi!
    I just came across your site and it is really lovely! I happily followed you and will enjoy reading your updates. You can find me over at Rainy Day Reads, www.rainydayreads.com It would be great if you could stop by and I would love to have a fellow book lover as a new follower.
    Christine x
    Rainy Day Reads
    www.rainydayreads.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. It was really hard to only pick a few bloggers - much less one!

    Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

    ~Gin @ Addicted to Words

    ReplyDelete
  39. I agree, I can take something away from so many different blogs!

    Old follower :-) Thanks for stopping by my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I agree, there are too many blogs to pick from lol

    Thanks for stopping by mine!
    Old Follower,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats on getting quoted! :)

    I agree - it's hard to name the blogs that inspire you. There are SO many!!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!