Aug 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.
 
At least Gwen has plenty of help. Her best friend Lesley follows every lead diligently on the Internet. James the ghost teaches Gwen how to fit in at an eighteenth century party. And Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything. Oh, yes. And of course there is Gideon, the Diamond. One minute he’s very warm indeed; the next he’s freezing cold. Gwen’s not sure what’s going on there, but she’s pretty much destined to find out.



I still need to read Ruby Red, but I love magic and time traveling, Marianne Curley is my fave author who does that! So I am sure to love Ruby Red and Sapphire Blue!


TITLE: Sapphire Blue
AUTHOR: Kerstin Gier
PUBLISHER:
Henry Holt and Co.
GENRE:
Time Travel YA
RELEASE DATE:
October 30, 2012



But everything was not normal. Not at all. We were about to enter a war with two of the most powerful creatures who had ever used magic. And we were nowhere near ready for this fight.

Allison Beckstrom’s talent for tracking spells has put her up against some of the darkest elements in the world of magic, but she’s never faced anything like this.

Magic itself has been poisoned, and Allie’s undead father may have left the only cure in the hands of a madman. Hunted by the Authority–the secret council that enforces magic’s laws–wanted by the police, and unable to use magic, she’s got to find the cure before the sickness spreads beyond any power to stop it.

But when a Death magic user seeks to destroy the only antidote, Allie and her fellow renegades must stand and fight to defend the innocent and save all magic…


And again, I have to read the last one before this one. I am pretty behind on my series as you might have notice! But since this is the final book in the series I am sure it will be HOT! (get it? I see all the red, orange on the cover and it reminds me of fire, although it's likely magic! okay probably not one of my better tee-hees!)


TITLE: Magic for a Price
AUTHOR: Devon Monk
PUBLISHER:
Roc 
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
November 6, 2012




31 comments:

  1. I haven't read Ruby Red but I heard it's great. I love time travel! I'm behind on so many series as well.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK I need to work on my links. Anyway, great pick, sorry for the double comment! :-) Hope to see you at the next event!

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Sapphire Blue' sounds really good. I know what you mean about time and books - my masters course starts soon so it's going to have to be bye-bye to all my lovelies sitting around to be read for a year!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent picks! I’ll definitely be adding these to my ever growing TBR pile and so checking them out as soon as they are released – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-34.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still need to read the first books in these series. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. Love seeing what my friends picked.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sapphire Blue catches my interest...and I love that cover.

    MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read Red Ruby but I've heard lots about it. Great pick!
    My WOW:
    World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not heard of either of these authors, but both books look so good. Thanks for the suggestions!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting to read Ruby Red for a while, just have to be able to get to it lol Thanks so much for stopping by!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome picks. The summary for Sapphire Blue makes me think I need to read Ruby Red soon. Thanks for checking out my WoW!

    Also we're doing a giveaway of Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Boys. Entries close on the 26th.

    Thanks

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes! Sapphire Blue! You better start reading Ruby Red soon--I loved that book. I, also, cannot wait for Sapphire Blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I can't believe I haven't read Kerstin Gier's books yet! *face palm* I really love time travel books! And Sapphire Blue is already out in my country (go figure!) so I need to read it ASAP. And I also need to catch up with Devon Monk's series. Ahh, so many books, so little time!:))

    Great picks!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That are some great choices and I am also pining for Sapphire Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually have an ARC of Sapphire Blue sitting on my shelf, but I haven't read Ruby Red yet either. I really need to pick that up so I can read my ARC!

    Here's My WoW!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome picks! I like the sound of both of them! Adding to my TBR list! Thanks for sharing! :D

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  17. GAH! I love the titles and the covers for this series! I am SUCH a sucker for beautiful dresses and fantastic landscapes - I haven't read Ruby Red yet but I have a copy sitting on my self somewhere :) Fantastic choice!

    If you have time check out our WOW choice on www.razorbill.ca: http://razorbill.ning.com/profiles/blogs/waiting-on-wednesday-3-origins-by-jessica-khoury

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sapphire Blue was published in Dutch something over a year ago and I love this series! It's so funny!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. i was lucky enough to get an early copy of sapphire blue a couple of weeks ago and i am just wait for the weekend so i can read it without distractions.

    My WoW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my gosh, i still need to read ruby red! still sapphire blue looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE the cover to Sapphire Blue! I have borh of those books and I need to find time to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Devon Monk is an author that I keep meaning to try. Never heard of Ruby Red but I'm a sucker for magic. Great picks:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awsome book picks this week. Both sound interesting. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sapphire blue has such a pretty cover. I like the dress.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-fairest-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sapphire Blue is on my TBR list too!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the cover of Sapphire.
    Hope you get to read it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ohhh, these both look really great! I haven't heard of Sapphire Blue, but it sounds exciting! Thanks for sharing, it's going on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sapphire Blue is SOOOO on my list!!! I gotta read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sapphire Blue has a beautiful cover. I haven't heard those books, but they seem interesting.
    Thanks for droppin by my WoW. :)
    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  31. I haven't really of these two except Sapphire Blue. Beautiful cover. I do admit that between the synopsis and cover, it'll probably be going on my TBR list, ha ha.
    Thanks so much for passing by my blog! I do appreciate the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!