Aug 26, 2012

Stacking the Shelves


This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!


Well, it was a slow week, only bought one e-book and it's really just a novella. Which is not bad at all. Not adding to the TBR mountain extraneously is always good! I still got some other awesome goodies though too!

First I won an awesome Chicagoland Vampires swag pack from Awesomesauce Book Club! I got a mouse pad, stickers, bookmarks, an I survived Hard Bitten button, and a postcard! Plus a bookmark and card from the Ambers! I love it!



Then I ordered some things from Zazzle since they sent me a coupon! I couldn't really pass that up!

I got a 13 to Life shirt! As you know I adore this series and decided to get this one. I liked the Pietr shifting from a wolf to guy shirt, but I just loved the Live Life Fiercely saying on this one!

I also got this key chain. It's a little hard to see since I couldn't get the internet photo to cooperate. But there's a stack of books and the spines say: So many books, so little time. Because ain't that the truth!



Then the actual and only book/novella that I got was:

Blooded by Amanda Carlson

It's the prequel to her series that comes out next week which sounds awesome! And not just because the heroine has the most coolest name ever! ;)


And lastly, while it's only 50% bookish--since the first DVD wasn't really based on a book that I am aware of--I got 2 movies:
Pocahontas 1 & 2 Combo pack, got the Blueray one so my niece can have the movies too. Basically got 4 movies for $30!

And the other is JAWS! Which was based on a book! That I read! It's Universal's 100th Anniversary edition, Blueray copy! 

This one I actually won in a contest from our newspaper. They've been doing them a lot lately and I've entered quite a few. Never won. Had this one on DVD, but then saw the special (Universal) anniversary Blueray edition and thought, why not? All you do is mail in the entry form! Was pretty surprised that I won this one! Had a laugh with my mom about it, because out of all the contests we've entered in the paper for movies, we win this one! A movie we'd seen 1000's of times already!


And that was my mailbox haul! So pretty good! Only added a novella to the TBR mountain and got some other bookish goodies and two movies! Yay!


What did you get?





 

29 comments:

  1. Awesome swag! And hey Jaws Blu Ray! Cool! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what fantastic stuff! I love the look of all of the things you got this week - especially that cute little keychain!

    Steph @ SteppingOutOfThePage.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand the need for a quiet week - I've also had one!

    My SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh nice stuffs here....enjoy

    Check out mine too here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I rather enjoyed Blooded the novella. I hope you do as well. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a fantastic week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pocahontas <3 I love the songs in the second movie even when it wasn't as good as the first one. Hope you have a fantastic week!

    Come and visit my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your t-shirt, Jessica and great swag! Still need to read Amanda Carlson myself. Well done for not increasing your TBR pile. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! I want that key chain! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the T-shirt!! Sooo fitting and cute! LOL ;p And I have heard so many talk about Blooded...will have to check it out! Great haul this week! Hope you enjoy the book and your amazing goodies! ;p Also, thank you for stopping by My StS post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice mailbox. Swag is always fun to get! Happy reading and watching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well even if not a lot of books, blooded is really great! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool stuff! I want to read Amanda Carlson new series as well. There's a Pocahontas 2? I never knew that! Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just met Amanda Carlson at Authors After Dark - she's so nice but I had never heard of her book before. Oops.
    I'm definitely going to check it out.
    I saw the last 13 to Life novel at the book store yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice stuff, I always love when I get swag, my collection of it is kinda getting out of control haha. Thanks for stopping by My IMM

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I paid 30$ for Pocahontas only o.0

    I got Blooded too, heard so much about it I had to buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. great haul! Love your swag ^_^ & lol @ you seen those movies 1000s of times. It's always exciting to win ^_^ Love the t-shirt and the keychain! so cute! I haven't heard of those books, but they def sound good. Hope you enjoy them!

    Old follower :)

    Ana♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so freaking jealous of the Chloe Neill swag, I so need a Hard Bitten button! Pocahontas rocks! Must have seen that movie like 20 times when I went on vacation last month. Colors of the wind is magical!

    OK, now for my disney-related comment because nobody else loves Disney like I do except you. Have you heard of Disneybound? Its a tumblr blog of this girl who puts together the most awesome disney inspired outfits. I could spend hours on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my IMM! Enjoy your cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice haul, Jessica! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think your going to need a bigger boat! Jaws is a great classic, but I never read the book. I have it though, and keep planning to read it, so maybe it about time I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really enjoyed Blooded and hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome swag pack and I always love your shirts!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  23. New urban fantasy from Orbit? HOW did I now know this? Off to research.
    Happy reading, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  24. A mouse pad! Wow! Congrats on winning all this amazing swag!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week and thanks for checking out my IMM =)

    Paige @ Comfort Books

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lots of awesome swag and such. YAY Pocahontas! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sometimes, not adding to your TBR pile is a smart idea. I should do that more often than not. But yay on getting swag! That's always a good alternative.
    Thanks so much for passing by my post. I appreciate the comments.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!