Aug 15, 2012

Review--Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers

Luc Cain was born and raised in Hell, but he isn’t feeling as demonic as usual lately—thanks to Frannie Cavanaugh and the unique power she never realized she had. But you can’t desert Hell without consequences, and suddenly Frannie and Luc find themselves targeted by the same demons who used to be Luc’s allies.

Left with few options, Frannie and Luc accept the protection of Heaven and one of its most powerful angels, Gabe. Unfortunately, Luc isn’t the only one affected by Frannie, and it isn’t long before Gabe realizes that being around her is too…tempting. Rather than risk losing his wings, he leaves Frannie and Luc under the protection of her recently-acquired guardian angel.

Which would be fine, but Gabe is barely out the door before an assortment of demons appears—and they’re not leaving without dragging Luc back to Hell with them. Hell won’t give up and Heaven won’t give in. Frannie’s guardian exercises all the power he has to keep them away, but the demons are willing to hurt anyone close to Frannie in order to get what they want. It will take everything she has and then some to stay out of Hell’s grasp.

And not everyone will get out of it alive.


WARNING! THERE ARE PERSONAL DEMONS SPOILERS AHEAD! READ CAREFULLY!

Oh wow! Does this book really take off! Lisa Desrochers Original Sin was pretty intense! I'd say it tops Personal Demons even!

Frannie and Luc are in love. The demons are gone. Frannie has her brother, Matt, back in guardian angel form. All should be well, right?  Wrong. I don't even know where to begin without giving away spoilers! Just wow!

The book takes place right after Personal Demons, it's the summer before Frannie leaves for college and she is trying to enjoy it as she can! But trouble is brewing in her world. Demons are in town. Some are after Luc. Some are after Frannie. Things are about to get dangerous.

Lisa really knows how to get arise out of me! Ohhhhmigosh! There were so many times I was not happy at all with Matt, as this time around he shares the storytelling with Luc and Frannie. Matt is an angel through and through, but he has a grudge with Luc. Not a personal one, just the fact that he was a demon. And he believes that he is still evil and all that jazz. He doesn't want Frannie with him. Which is in part why I so did not like Matt at all. I understand the brother vibes and wanting to protect his sister, but he goes too far.

There's also a new girl in town who ends up moving in next to Luc. Luc smells trouble. Yet Frannie sees a possible new friend. 

We know now that Gabe loves Frannie, yet he fights it. More than just trying to fight becoming human like Luc. More than just losing his wings. And we learn why naturally.

And boy are there secrets in this book! So many! And the ones that get revealed were just mind-blowing! I'm still reeling! And there were plenty of tragic shocks as well! I mean, I knew one was coming from the cover description, but it still took me by surprise! This was a very gut wrenching book that had my heart going in so many directions!

The pacing to this one felt a little slow at times, but not in a sense that I wanted to put it down. You knew things were coming. Big things! Yet there was a lot of buildup to them. I'm not saying that's a bad thing either. The book was very enjoyable! Read it in about 4 days what with work and then the weekend getting in the way.

Original Sin ended on a high note and I am so glad I have Last Rite ready to go! Big things continue to happen in Frannie's world and living a normal life sounds like a dream. But it's just not meant to be apparently.

I still love Frannie's character! She's as feisty as ever. Luc, I still adore oh so much! Gabe, he's a sweetie, yet I still find myself rooting for Luc! The love triangle issue gets to be a bit more of an issue. As we see both sides struggling now. Each guy wants Frannie, yet believes he doesn't deserve her. (and yes I said both!)

Another remarkable read by Miss Desrochers!


Overall rating 4/5 stars





2 comments:

  1. This was definitely a really great read! I love Luc and Gabe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it sounds great!
    I have Personal Demons, but havent read it yet, and didnt know it would have a sequel.

    Maybe I should go grab it and actually read it. :)
    Great review

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!