Aug 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.






Hunted, Killed - Survived?

As the last Healer in the Fifteen Realms, Avery of Kazan is in a unique position: in the minds of her friends and foes alike, she no longer exists. Despite her need to prevent the megalomanical King Tohon from winning control of the Realms, Avery is also determined to find her sister and repair their estrangement. And she must do it alone, as Kerrick, her partner and sole confident, returns to Alga to summon his country into battle.

Though she should be in hiding, Avery will do whatever she can to support Tohon’s opponents. Including infiltrating a holy army, evading magic sniffers, teaching forest skills to soldiers and figuring out how to stop Tohon’s most horrible creations yet; an army of the walking dead - human and animal alike and nearly impossible to defeat.

War is coming and Avery is alone. Unless she figures out how to do the impossible ... again.


I soooooooo love Maria's books! Cannot wait to read the second in Avery's story! It's been so long since I read the first book, but still eager to read this one!

TITLE: Scent of Magic
AUTHOR: Maria V. Snyder
PUBLISHER:
Harlequin MIRA
GENRE:
Fantasy
RELEASE DATE:
December 27, 2012




After her werewolf boyfriend, Johnny, tried to kill her, Persephone Alcmedi finds herself in the comforting arms of powerful vampire Menessos. She’s trying to sort out her feelings for the two men, but not even Seph is above the confusion of tangled emotions. All Johnny wants to do is mend their relationship and reveal the life-altering news he’s recently received, but his new responsibilities as the werewolf king take up most of his time.

Does this mean Menessos can finally make his move?

Meanwhile, unknown to Seph, her beloved foster daughter, Beverley, has been playing with a magical artifact and making dubious friends on the other side. When Beverley disappears, Seph must seek help from a supernatural being so potent that even Menessos fears him...and such aid always comes with a very steep price.


Another series I am eager to get back to! Still a little confused with cover model change. It is very possible that I just happened to forget if Persephone did something to her hair, it wasn't black on the previous covers. Still dying to read this as well!


TITLE: Shattered Circle
AUTHOR: Linda Robertson
PUBLISHER: Pocket Books
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: January 29, 2013







29 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Maria V. Snyder yet but I heard such great things about all her books.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. These books sound great! I have been wanting to read something by Maria V. Snyder for a while now.

    Thank-you for stopping by my WoW.

    Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo both books sounds really interesting. Nice picks. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh V. Snyder! I've seen here books around countless times but never read any! I have no idea why! I really should!
    Great pick!

    Here is my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Maria and that series is on of my favorites. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shattered Circle sounds sounds great.

    Here's my WOW pick.

    Kat
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both books sounds very interesting! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice w/Scent Of Magic! I almost picked this for my wow this week, because I cannot wait to read it, also! Loved Touch Of Power!

    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look like great fantasies :) Thanks for sharing them! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love both of these choices! Have them both high on my TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been wanting to read the poison study series from Snyder for a while, I have heard some great things about her writing! Great choice! Thanks for stopping by!

    Kristin @ Young Adult Book Haven

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria V. Snyder is an author I haven't yet tried...I think I should!

    MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh interesting picks. thanks for stopping by.

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks. Maria Snyder writes some great books. I haven't heard of Shattered Circle, but it sounds really good too.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3556

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any books by Maria V. Snyder. Both of these books sound interesting. Thanks for sharing.
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both look and sound really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both books sound awesome!
    Here's my WoW.

    Ashley
    #booknerd

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't wait for Scent either!
    Hope you get to read it soon,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Scent of Magic!!! Yes yes yes yes yes! I am SO excited for that one too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can't wait to read Scent of Magic! I did this one last week! I just want it in my hands...and I love the cover too! Shattered Circle sounds sooo good! Great picks! :D

    My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  21. I didn't know a sequel was coming out. Great picks. Thanks for sharing and visting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both of these look great! You're always in the middle of the best sounding series!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I definitely want to read Snyders books!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am excited for Scent of Magic. Great picks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't heard of either of these but they look great! Thanks for the recommendations and for stopping by my WoW!

    -Courtney @ Courtney Reads A Lot

    ReplyDelete
  26. Interesting information I haven’t been through such information in a long time.
    bpclaimsinfo.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I saw Scent of Magic last week, and added it to my TBR right away!

    Thanks for stopping by, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooo, nice. I haven't heard of either one, but they definitely sound good! I hope you get them and love them!

    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  29. I've been seeing Scent of Magic everywhere but I haven't read anything by her yet. Shattered Circle sounds interesting too. I hope you get to enjoy them when they come out.
    Thanks so much for passing by my post!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!