Aug 1, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.

I didn't really plan this at the time, but today is an ACE publishers' day! Both books are published by ACE and they both happen to release on October 30th!

McKenzie was a normal college student, save for one little twist: she’s a shadow reader, someone who can both see the fae and track their movements between our world and the Realm. It’s a gift for which she has been called insane, one for which she has risked family and friends—and one that has now plunged her into a brutal civil war among the fae.

With the reign of the king and his vicious general at an end, McKenzie hoped to live a more normal life while exploring her new relationship with Aren, the rebel fae who has captured her heart. But when her best friend, Paige, disappears McKenzie knows her wish is, for now, just a dream. McKenzie is the only one who can rescue her friend, but if she’s not careful, her decisions could cost the lives of everyone she’s tried so hard to save.


Sooooo cannot wait! Loved the first book, this is definitely a series I am excited about!


PUBLISHER: Ace 
GENRE: Urban Fantasy 
RELEASE DATE: October 30, 2012



WARNING: DO NOT READ DESCRIPTION BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T READ BLACK HOWL!! THERE ARE SPOILERS!

As an Agent of Death, Madeline Black deals with loss every day. But when tragedy touches her own life, Maddy will have to find the strength within to carry on. Devastated and grieving, Maddy unexpectedly finds hope with the discovery that she is pregnant.

But Maddy’s joy is short-lived when Lucifer informs her that he wants the baby, hoping to draw on the combined power of two of his bloodlines. Maddy is determined that her grandfather will never have her child, but she’s not sure what she can do to stop him...


OMG! I soooo desperately CANNOT CANNOT wait for this one! If you've read Black Howl, you know why! I sooo soooo hope to see Maddy do something to "you-know-who"! If not this book, then you know, soon! 



TITLE: Black Lament
AUTHOR: Christina Henry
PUBLISHER:
Ace 
GENRE: Urban Fantasy 
RELEASE DATE: October 30, 2012



 

28 comments:

  1. The Shattered Dark sounds awesome! Totally adding the first book to my TBL list. I didn't read the description of the second since I haven't read or heard of that series and just in case didn't want to spoil myself lol
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent picks! I’ll definitely be adding these to my ever growing TBR pile and so checking them out as soon as they are released – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:
    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-32.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the sounds of Shattered Dark - I'll have to check out the first one though!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two more series I need to catch up on some point - damn this working for a living! LOL

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well The Shattered Dark sounds interesting! Sort of remind me of the Fever series, but I don't mind!
    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh! I'm really liking the sound of the first one! I love me some naughty Fae!
    Stopping by with My WOW!
    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Shattered Dark sounds great, will have to check it out. I'm behind on the Christina Henry series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks again Jess! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Waiting on Wednesday image! Ahaha! :) Perfect! The Shattered Dark sounds so good though! I'll be adding that to my TBR list! :)

    My Wow Post!

    Liza @ Book Crook Liza

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, new ones to me. Good picks! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of this series before. thanks for sharing.

    also, thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I see your WoW's I realize just how far behind I am on different series. I think you are the Queen of finding great series books to read!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of these series, but they look so good! I'm really interested in the Sandy Williams one -- just another to add to the list. Great picks!

    Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't heard of either one but they look good.
    Hope you get a chance to read it soon,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ok adding both series to my list!! Thanks for stopping by My WoW and for introducing me to new series!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both these books sound great! Adding to my TBR list! I want them NOW! LOL ;p Great picks! Thanks for sharing and stopping by My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  17. Penguin usually sends me her books. I'll try to keep you in mind if I get this one from them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are some awesome UF picks! The first cover has a Merit vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Shattered Dark sounds unique, good pick! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't heard of either series, but I love the idea of a shadow reader! So cool!!
    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice picks Jessica. Love the covers. I'm a big time cover whore.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm waiting [im]patiently for both of these titles. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looks like some great book choices. Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those books sounds great! Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow, both are quite different but they sound very entertaining! Thanks for stopping by! :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  26. They both sounds like great books. They are new to me.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have got to check The Shattered Dark!

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both books sound great! I haven't heard of either but I will be sure to check them out :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my waiting on Wednesday! Sorry I'm so late at commenting back!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!