Aug 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


You can’t tell the story of how it all began for supernatural cops Ivy Tamwood and Rachel Morgan without telling how it all nearly ended. The fiery living vampire and erstwhile earth witch never asked to be paired up in the first place. And having to work Inderland Security’s crummiest beat—busting two-bit paranormal street punks—sure didn’t sweeten the deal. But when it counts, Ivy and Rachel always have each other’s backs. They’d better—because someone just hung targets on both of them.

It doesn’t take a hotshot homicide detective to know that nearly getting flattened by a falling gargoyle or impaled by a lead pipe aren’t on-the-job accidents. But it doesn’t seem possible that the class of crooks Ivy and Rachel routinely collar could kill anything but brain cells. So who put Cincinnati’s tough and tender twosome on their “to do in” list? Is Ivy’s vampire master, the powerful and seductive Piscary, jealous of her growing bloodlust (and just plain lust) for Rachel? Or have forces unknown—living or undead—made the partners prey in a deadly witch (and vampire) hunt?

Before this case is cracked, Ivy and Rachel will face down vicious dogs, speeding locomotives, rogue bloodsuckers, and their own dark desires; spells will be cast and blood will be spilled; and Kim Harrison’s hair-raising, heart-racing, dark urban world of magic and monsters will leap howling from the pages of her second electrifying, full-color graphic novel.


Soooo cannot wait for this one either! Loved the first graphic novel! Looking forward to this continuation of Ivy and Rachel prior to the Hollows series!


TITLE: Blood Crime
AUTHOR: Kim Harrison
ILLUSTRATOR:
Gemma Magno
PUBLISHER: Del Rey
GENRE:
Urban Fantasy Graphic Novel
RELEASE DATE:
October 30, 2012



Since word has spread that contractor Mel Turner can communicate with the spirits of the dead, it's been difficult to maintain a low profile. She embraces her new reputation, however, for the chance to restore an historic house in San Francisco's Castro District. The new owners, who hope to run a haunted B&B, want Mel to encourage the ghosts that supposedly roam the halls to enhance the paranormal charm.

The catch: Mel has to spend one night in the house to win the project. But during the spine-chilling sleepover, the estate gains another spectral inhabitant—when someone doesn't survive the night. And as Mel tries to coax the resident spirits into revealing the identity of the killer, she risks becoming the next casualty of this dangerous renovation.



Looking forward to this one too! I may be wayyy behind on my 2012 releases, but Juliet Blackwell writes some of the best paranormal mysteries ever!

TITLE: Murder on the House
AUTHOR: Juliet Blackwell
PUBLISHER:
Penguin Books Ltd.
GENRE:
Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE:
December 4, 2012




31 comments:

  1. I own quite a few books in The Hollow series but have yet to read them, thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these sound tempting...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Blood Crime! I'm sooo excited about that one as well! I'm addicted to Kim Harrison's work and Rachel's adventures. This one should be fun!<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent pick! I’ll definitely be adding Blood Crime to my ever growing TBR pile and so checking it out as soon as it's released – thank you for sharing! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-33.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always you astound me with the variety of what you pick. Love Kim Harrison and have never read Juliet Blackwell. Please check out my WoW.

    Thanks,

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice picks... These sounds pretty good.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3024

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blood Crime = Awesomeness! =D Great WoW pick

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cover for Blood Crime is intersting, hope the story is as good.

    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...I haven't heard of these but they sound interesting. Especially the first one.
    Thanks so much for passing by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica these are great picks. I love Harrison too. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kim Harrison is sooo fun. I didn't know she had a new title coming out already :) Excellent choice!

    Check out what the Brunette Librarian's Waitin' on :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never read a graphic novel not sure if I would like them. Or Does The Hidden by Kelley Armstrong count? lol I do love The Hollow series. You know what is crazy I still have not read the last book. I just got so behind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. murder on the house looks really good. it's been a while since i read a cozy mystery.

    my WoW pick of the week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great book picks! Blood Crime looks awesome! I really like the cover too! Mysterious and intense....my kind of book! Thanks for sharing and stopping by My WoW post! 

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really interesting WoW picks. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate waiting too! :) Makes me moody. LOL. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first cover is awesome, the second looks like a little kids book. Haha. Havent heard of these yet...
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Murder on the House looks cute! I love fun paranormal mysteries! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice Robert de Niro. Love both of the books, especially the second one sounds good!! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!
    Juli @ Universe in WOrds

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun picks! Gotta love mysteries :-) Thanks for stopping by!

    Old follower

    Ensconced in YA
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I still haven't read the first Hollows GN yet. Need to pick it up before the next one releases. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoy Kim Harrison but haven't read anything by Juliet Blackwell. Hope you enjoy them when you get them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooooh you had me a supernatural cops! Both books sound great! Hope you get the soon!
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm always in for more Kim Harrison and I love the synopsis for Murder on the House.

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice picks! They sound great. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haven't heard of either of these books but they both sound awesome! Love the covers :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great picks this week! Thanks for stopping by!
    Book Me!
    Happy Wednesday! =D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Alhough they aren't really my type of reads I really hope you get your hands on them soon and enjoy them too!! Thanks for sharing <3

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    xoxo, Mariam @Book-A-Holic

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't heard of either of those books, Jess! Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

    Vanya D. @ YA Story Teller

    ReplyDelete
  31. I haven't heard of either books but they sound interesting! Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!