Jun 22, 2018

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
This week's question is: For all of you worker bees out there! How do you balance having a day job/career and managing your blog at night? Is it hard or easy to do, and what do people in your work life think of your blogs? (submitted by Danielle @ PoetryBooksYA)
 
 
MY ANSWER: Well, I do work full time during the day, but...and here's where it gets sad...I don't have much of a social life. So every Friday night I write up my blog posts for the week ahead. Mostly the memes and other random discussion posts will get written over the course of the weekend. As for reviews I try to write those right away so nothing gets forgotten...and so I can start my next read asap as well!





6 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with reviews... I write 'em up right away! It bugs me if I finish the book and don't write the review pretty quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok, I don't have much of a social life either haha! I just work during the day and plan my posts at night or vice versa, depending on the day. Thanks for answering my question. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try to write my reviews right away as well! :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to write my reviews right away...and then I got busy with proofreading and got behind...way behind, like two full months of a review every day behind. I don't recommend it.

    I don't work outside the home and don't have much of a social life either, if that makes you feel any better.

    Hope you have a great weekend of building blog posts. :) - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not sad! Thank you for sharing. With a full time day job, it's completely understandable that your weeks will be fairly hectic and you're not always going to be able to make the time to try and be social just because you feel you have to.

    Whilst I don't have a career, there are other elements of my life that keep it rather difficult to manage a blog at the same time as general other issues. However, I totally know what you mean about scheduling in advance and I'm trying to get into doing that more frequently. My blog's still fairly new, so it may take some time to get into a scheduling habit, though.

    Feel free to check out my own answer if you wish (and a puppy update!)

    - Charlotte (InkBlottings)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica that's a great tip on doing reviews straight away. I've got a backlog of reviews to do as I normally move on to my next book straight away. I do write notes whilst reading, but my reviews don't tend to have as much passion if I wrote my review immediately as I have forgotten the little things by the time I review.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!