Jun 12, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


I did something I don't normally do this time around! I interrupt the teaser in the middle of a sentence to avoid spoilers but also to build up suspense! Muwhahaha!!




"He blinked and tears ran down his cheeks. The mountain man's shadow fell across the tree stump. He raised his arms and Caleb shut his eyes tight and waited.

The ax came down and..." p 165*






*This quote comes from the ARC therefore it and its page number are not final.




 
TITLE: Campfire
AUTHOR: Shawn Sarles
PUBLISHER: Jimmy Patterson
GENRE: Horror YA

RELEASE DATE: July 17, 2018






Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.



This week's topic is: Books That Awaken the Travel Bug In Me


*in no particular order
**Though I'd argue that any and every book that's not set in Missouri would awaken the travel bug in me! Lol! Ironically, I have read a few books set in Missouri, and even St. Louis! Shocking, I know!! LOL!


10. DOON by Carey Corp & Lorie Langdon--Scotland AND the magical world known as Doon?! Who wouldn't want to travel after this?
9. WITH MALICE by Eileen Cook--I technically still need to read this one, but since it had events happening in Italy--a country I was able to visit eons ago, it will definitely have me reminiscing! 
8. CARAVAL by Stephanie Garber--traveling game that will totally mess with your mind and yet still be an adventure of a lifetime? And that it always moves around? Yeah, definitely ready to travel!


7. DAUGHTER OF THE PIRATE KING by Tricia Levenseller--Alosa was pretty much always on the move on the sea! Definitely makes me want to travel more! Though not too sure by boat. Never done that really beyond an overnight ferry ride! Lol!
6. ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff--an odd choice, no? I guess the idea of space and new places/planets to live gets me thinking. Though I don't know if I could handle the ride in the spaceship that long! Lol!
5. SOULLESS by Gail Carriger--London is still a place I'd love to visit! And not just for the Harry Potter parts, but that's definitely a major plus!


4. HARRY POTTER AND THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN by J.K. Rowling--of course this makes me want to go visit Hogwarts and Hogsmeade and everywhere else for real! Lol! I'd settle for Universal Studios too! I picked this one since it was the first time we saw Hogsmeade and I just loved this little town!
3. OLD MAGIC by Marianne Curley--I think I want to go to Australia even more because I know that's where Marianne lives! This is an author I would pretty much do anything to meet! I love love love this book! Plus, the characters time travel as well, so even more traveling is involved!
2. PALE DEMON by Kim Harrison--the road trip book! I LOVED that Rachel and Co. came to St. Louis! It's one of those rare books where St. Louis is actually a real place! Lol! That they knocked over our famous Arch really sealed the deal! Lol!!


1. SOME GIRLS BITE by Chloe Neill--this whole series makes me want to go to Chicago again! I got to see a lot of the famous places at BEA, like the Bean and Lou Malnati's. I had a chocolate cake shake which I am dying to get again! That Merit likes all these food places makes reading the books especially hard! I get so hungry so easily! Lol!





 





15 comments:

  1. I went to the Wizarding World right when it opened, and I heard it's even better now. I just remember losing my breath when I first spied the top of Hogwarts. It's really well done. I loved London. It was sort of like being in NY, but cleaner and with much older stuff to look out. I would love to someday see the English countryside though. My favorite vacations have been my cruises. It's awesome being out at sea, but I could never ruff it like Alosa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how some of your choices push the boundaries of what a travel book is! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES TO CARAVAL! I'm reading Legendary right now and absolutely wish I could go into that world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous over Campfire. I need this book asap! are you liking it? I am scared to know. I am so very much impatiently and anxiously waiting for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read Illuminae sometime. You make it sound so good, and I'm intrigued by the thought of visiting another planet.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! Campfire sounds creepy but fun. I hope you are enjoying it! I've also doctored the teaser sentences in the past. Sometimes it's the perfect teaser but you just don't want to give too much away. Have a nice day!
    Laura
    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely love to go to Hogwarts if I could!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/12/top-ten-tuesday-163/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, I love your TTT post for this week!! Happy reading and hope you are able to visit the places you wish to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Campfire is already on my reading list. What an excerpt!

    My TT from A Big Little Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yikes that doesn't sound good! And Caraval would be awesome! I love the idea of real places playing a role in the Chloe Neill series as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harry Potter is the only book I have read on your list, but Hogwarts would be my top fantasy place to visit. Post Voldie that is. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome picks! I like the Harry Potter, Some Girls Bite, and Souless. Those are good ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally agreed on Caraval! That was the first book that came to mind when I saw this week's topic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Scotland would be awesome to visit. I also really need to read Doon. *sigh* The TBR list is long.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!