Jun 29, 2018

Let's Discuss: Favorite Reads So Far in 2018

So we're officially past the halfway mark this year and I've read quite a few books already! I'm writing this post in advance so I am not sure why my number is exactly but I am already halfway through my Goodreads challenge!

From those 50+ books I can honestly say I enjoyed all of them to some degree and the majority were really really enjoyed! I tried to pick a favorite...lol...yeah, I did say that. I tried to pick 1 favorite and couldn't do it, but I limited myself to 3 so that's pretty good all things considered! Lol!


Favorite Reads So Far in 2018.


I'm not going to include the ARCs I've read that haven't been released yet, otherwise that would be upping my count here. The topic said "favorite" as in one and if you know me at all, you know I can never really truly pick a favorite! I tried, I did! But then as I kept scanning my list I was like ooh, that one and that one and that one, and so on, so I cut myself to three!

Here they are...

Immortal Reign by Moran Rhodes...what I felt like I waited eons for even though it was only a few months late! But it was a devastating wait! If you've read the series then you know what I mean! But I can easily say this one was worth all the wait and heartache. I could've done without all that and still loved this one so thoroughly, but you know how it is. Our tears feed the author's muse! Lol!


Legendary by Stephanie Garber, I struggle to coherently explain why this series keeps me so riveted! It's just amazing and I love this world and the characters! I cannot wait to read more!
 
 
The Dark Calling by Kresely Cole is another one I loved soooo soooo much! And wow! She seriously keeps upping the game and twisting my heart all over the place. I mentioned awhile back a love/hate relationship with love triangles because sometimes you encounter that triangle where you just don't know who you want the girl to choose. Well this is one of them! I swear I pick my "team" and I literally change it back and forth so many times that I can't decide who I really want to see Evie with! I'll be anxious for the final book and hopefully her final choice and not one of those that feels like a copout where she doesn't really choose at all. 



And those are my top 3 reads (at the time of writing this post) of the year so far! Sure there are more reads that would easily make my top whatever list. It wouldn't quite match the number of books I read as there was a handful of comics I read in that number. I enjoyed those but I wouldn't say they'd make The List! Lol!

What has been your favorite read(s) so far this year?









7 comments:

  1. I haven't started any of these series! I definitely want to start reading the Falling Kingdom series, especially since it's now completed and I can read them back to back. For some reason, I thought Arcana Chronicles was only a trilogy! I'm a bit more interested in the series now, especially since you mentioned that the love triangle is done well. :) Some of my favorites this year have been Reign the Earth by AC Gaughen, Obsidio by Amie Kaugman and Meagan Spooner, and The Martian by Andy Weir. Like you, I can't pick just one, haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some pretty great reads so far this year. I personally haven't read any of these series, but I would like to try Caraval at one point. Some of my favorite reads this year have been Roseblood by A.G. Howard, Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys, The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, and The Siren by Kiera Cass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agreed on Legendary! Honestly, I loved it even more than Caraval! I really need to catch up on Falling Kingdoms! I keep picking up Gathering Darkness, but for some reason I just can't make myself read it. Maybe I'll finally get into it when the series is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to read Legendary, but I loved Caraval so this will be read in 2018. So far I loved American Panda, Gemina, THUG, and American Street.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Picking favorites is hard. I’ve read 6 really awesome books this year. I think my favorite is The Smell of Other People’s Houses. I loved the setting and the writing.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Picking favorites is HARD! I've been wanting to read Morgan Rhodes for a while, those always look fun. Same with Caraval/ Legendary- it just sounds like such a cool world!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually didn't realize that there was another Arcana Chronicles book. I thought that series was done. I'll have to check it out.

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!