Apr 4, 2018

Mount TBR Reading Challenge: 1st Quarterly Check-In Post

Time to check in on my Mount TBR Reading Challenge! I can't believe we're already done with the first quarter! That's insane!

1. Tell us how many miles you've made it up your mountain (# of books read).  If you're really ambitious, you can do some intricate math and figure out how the number of books you've read correlates to actual miles up Pike's Peak, Mt. Ararat, etc. And feel free to tell us about any particularly exciting adventures you've had along the way.

So for this challenge, I pledged to read at least 48 books from my TBR pile! In the past 3 months I have managed to read 13 (though as of today there's another two to be added plus, a third by tomorrow!)!


2. Complete ONE (or more if you like) of the following:
 
A. Post a picture of your favorite cover so far.  

From the first three months, I choose Feversong by Karen Marie Moning! The endpages are particularly gorgeous!


B. Who has been your favorite character so far? And tell us why, if you like.

I would say Tink from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Wicked trilogy! Omg, Tink was hilarious and also a devoted friend! Definitely someone to have your back even though he's a brownie aka, like 5 inches tall (or something like that!)!
 
 
C. Have any of the books you read surprised you--if so, in what way (not as good as anticipated? unexpected ending? Best thing you've read ever? Etc.)
 
Well, I really enjoyed how A Court of Wings and Ruin ended! It was a beautiful ending to Feyre's story, though I am super eager to see where the series will go with other characters' tales!
 
The Wicked trilogy also ended in a way that left me wanting more, but sadly that series is truly done. While things were wrapped up for the most part, I felt like there was still a few things left unsaid, particularly about some of the other characters' happy endings--because I refuse to believe otherwise!
 
 
D. Title Scrabble: See if you can spell a word using the first letter of the first word in the titles of some/all of the books you have read so far. Feel free to consider "A," "An," or "The" as the first word or not as it helps you with your word hunt.  
 
 
Okay...I'll admit that I am using a word scrambler to help me out here since I had quite a few titles over the past three months! I couldn't use all the letters because I apparently read too many books the first quarter!
 
Since the majority of my books were awesome...or fabulous, I am using the word FABBEST, a variation of fab!
 
Feversong by Karen Marie Moning
A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas
Burned by Karen Marie Moning
Brave by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop
Sense of Deception by Victoria Laurie
Torn by Jennifer L. Armentrout





4 comments:

  1. Good job on 13 books already! That's pretty impressive! I'm glad you enjoyed A Court of Wings and Ruin. I definitely felt like it had some issues, but I'm super excited for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're off to a great start. The books you mentioned sound really good. I haven't read any of them, but I would love to eventually get to A Court of Thorns and Roses series. I've only ever read Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, and I really liked her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You’re doing good. Keep on chugging. Love your word. I will need to use it in a sentence for others to enjoy it. You are the fabbest. Hope I used it correctly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That cover of Feversong is gorgeous! Good luck on the TBR challenge.

    Tarissa
    http://inthebookcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!