Apr 12, 2018

Random Thursday

There's only a handful of pages left of That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser! I do have another little book that's of similar quality! It'll be interesting to see what facts we'll learn from that one too! 


(image borrowed from Geek.com)
"Absolute zero (-459.67 degrees Fahrenheit) is the point at which all atomic motion ceases. Outer space is the coldest place in the universe, but it is three degrees above absolute zero. Scientists believe that heat left over from the Big Bang keeps the temperature from going any lower."


That's intriguing!


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
"The largest supply of alcohol in the universe is in deep space. Astronomers have spotted an alcohol cloud in the Milky Way that measures 288 billion miles across."


There are alcohol clouds?! Whaaaaaat...


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
"To see a rainbow you must have your back to the sun."


It never occurred to me where I am standing in relation to the sun when I've seen a rainbow! Now I wanna see one!! Gotta plenty of rain coming...but no sun! Lol!!


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
"Mountains create their own weather systems. Kilimanjaro, Tanzania's 19,340-foot volcano, has six ecological zones, or 'microclimates.'"


Makes sense...but wow, 6 ecological zones?! That's 6 different weather systems...right? LOL!





3 comments:

  1. Cracking up at alcohol clouds! I love your fun facts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea there were such things as alcohol clouds. LOL I LOVE random fact books - they are so much fun.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!