Apr 11, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


VICTORY COMES AT A PRICE.

Mare Barrow learned this all too well when Cal’s betrayal nearly destroyed her. Now determined to protect her heart—and secure freedom for Reds and newbloods like her—Mare resolves to overthrow the kingdom of Norta once and for all… starting with the crown on Maven’s head.

But no battle is won alone, and before the Reds may rise as one, Mare must side with the boy who broke her heart in order to defeat the boy who almost broke her. Cal’s powerful Silver allies, alongside Mare and the Scarlet Guard, prove a formidable force. But Maven is driven by an obsession so deep, he will stop at nothing to have Mare as his own again, even if it means demolishing everything—and everyone—in his path.

War is coming, and all Mare has fought for hangs in the balance. Will victory be enough to topple the Silver kingdoms? Or will the little lightning girl be forever silenced?

In the epic conclusion to Victoria Aveyard’s stunning series, Mare must embrace her fate and summon all her power… for all will be tested, but not all will survive.


So can't wait to finish this series! I've been waiting for it to be complete before I get back to it! I read the first one and had so many emotions going, I knew all the cliffhangers to come would send me over the edge! The wait is almost over!


TITLE: War Storm
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: May 15, 2018 


Three years after losing her brother Luka in a school shooting, Skye Gilchrist is moving home. But there's no sympathy for Skye and her family because Luka wasn't a victim; he was a shooter.

Jesse Mandal knows all too well that the scars of the past don't heal easily. The shooting cost Jesse his brother and his best friend--Skye.

Ripped apart by tragedy, Jesse and Skye can't resist reopening the mysteries of their past. But old wounds hide darker secrets. And the closer Skye and Jesse get to the truth of what happened that day, the closer they get to a new killer.






Another Kelley Armstrong read I cannot wait to read! Love her books...though I am behind on a few of her short story collections! Whelp!

TITLE: Aftermath
PUBLISHER: Crown Books for Young Readers
GENRE: Thriller YA
RELEASE DATE: May 22, 2018 




 

13 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Red Queen series yet, but I would love to and Aftermath looks awesome! Great picks!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to catch up on Aveyard's series! I've read the first two but not the third one. I hope you enjoy both of these when you get the chance to read them, Jessica!

    Have a great week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. War Stooooooorm! I have to read it and finally put a close on the story haha sometimes some series feel like they're too long...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've actually never read Red Queen or any of the books in the series! It sounds like an excellent series to binge-read though. I've heard that the cliffhangers are intense!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm becoming quite a Kelley Armstrong convert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of the Red Queen series. Aftermath certainly looks interesting. I may have to check that one out.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe I haven't started Victoria's series. It sounds so exciting! Hope you enjoy the third book :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. War Storm looks good, I may have to start this series not that it is coming to an end. Aftermath looks a great mystery, hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm behind on the Red Queen series, but loved the first one! I'm also a huge fan of Armstrong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need War Storm like 40 days ago. It's been way too long!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, a new Kelley Armstrong!? Thanks for the heads up, I need to add this one to my TBR!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read King's Cage but I'm still excited for War Storm. Cant wait to see how that series ends.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!