Apr 4, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


A sumptuously magical, brand new take on a tale as old as time—read the Beast's side of the story at long last.

I am neither monster nor man—yet I am both.

I am the Beast.

The day I was cursed to this wretched existence was the day I was saved—although it did not feel so at the time.

My redemption sprung from contemptible roots; I am not proud of what I did the day her father happened upon my crumbling, isolated chateau. But if loneliness breeds desperation then I was desperate indeed, and I did what I felt I must. My shameful behaviour was unjustly rewarded.

My Isabeau. She opened my eyes, my mind and my heart; she taught me how to be human again.

And now I might lose her forever.

Lose yourself in this gorgeously rich and magical retelling of The Beauty and the Beast that finally lays bare the beast's heart.


I love me a The Beauty and the Beast retelling! So naturally I've got my eye all over this one! Lol! It sounds awesome and I cannot wait to read it!

PUBLISHER: Hodder & Stoughton
GENRE: Fantasy/Fairy Tale Retelling
RELEASE DATE: May 3, 2018  



Dahlia 16's life is a lie. The city of Lakeview isn't a utopia that raises individuals for the greater good; it is a clone farm that mass-produces servants for the elite. And because Dahlia breaks the rules, her sisters--the 4,999 girls who share her face--are destroyed. She and Trigger 17, the soldier who risked his life for hers, go on the run, escaping into the wild outside the city walls. But it turns out Dahlia has one remaining identical, one who shouldn't even exist.

Waverly Whitmore is teenage royalty, a media sensation with millions of fans who broadcasts her every move--including every detail of her wedding planning, leading up to the day she marries Hennessy Chapman. Waverly lives a perfect life built on the labors of clones like Dahlia. She has no idea that she too is a clone . . . until she comes face to face with Dahlia.

One deadly secret. Two genetic sisters. And a world that isn't big enough for both of them.
 


I still need to read the first book, but I believe this is a duology, hence I need to read them back to back anyway! Lol! Though I can't recall indefinitely if this is a duology or perhaps longer?


PUBLISHER: Delacorte Press
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: May 8, 2018






 

10 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about the first book you featured! What a gorgeous cover. The second one is new to me. I hope you enjoy these books when you get the chance to read them!

    Have a great day, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange New World! I'm looking forward to that too. I THINK it's a duology, but don't quote me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't heard of The Beast's Heart. Sounds intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good retelling and the premise sounds intriguing! Strange New World is new to me, but I will definitely have to check out the first book for sure. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Jackie @Jackie's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover of The Beast's Heart is stellar! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both nice picks, the second one is already on my list and I really hope we are both going to love it! Rachel Vincent usually offers some very fascinating reads ;)

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So. The first one. New to me. I am so all over any beauty and beast retellings. And brave new world. I need this one ASAP. Loved the first book. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hadn't heard of The Beasts Heart but I love B&TB retellings so need that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!