Aug 7, 2014

Review--Opposition by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came. She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.










Opposition is Jennifer L. Armentrout's conclusion to the fabulous and entertaining Lux series! I am sad to see this series go, but I must admit, I loved this one! Even when moments started to get dark and the future looked really bleak, I held it together because I knew Jennifer wouldn't go there!

Surprisingly, I couldn't remember much from Origin, a total blank, too many books since then I guess, but it was easy to see what was going on. Things were bad, the Luxen had come to Earth and they were not the friendly types. Daemon, Dawson, and Dee were under some sort of compulsion and basically switched sides, leaving Katy alone with Archer and Luc. Things were just plain bad.

Told again from Daemon and Katy's point of view, we quickly learn that Daemon and Dawson are not fully under the Luxen's sway, they have a mind of their own and are simply acting obedient in order to gain info and you know, find a way to save the planet. And when the government gets involved on Team Humanity's side, no one and nowhere is safe. War is coming, it's Humans vs Luxen and things are going to get really, really bad.

This was really one intense read for me! I mean, there were so many times when you thought things were one way, but then something happened or got revealed to totally change that. It was a roller-coaster of a read, but yet, I loved every moment of it!

We get to see Hunter and Serena again and that too, made me all kinds of happy as I totally loved their story! It really kind of sets a foundation of sorts for us to see the Arum, whom we thought were the enemies the whole time, as Daemon and Katy must go to Hunter for help from the Arum in order to take down the Luxen and their leader.

Opposition was breathtaking! I mean literally, the whole time I was reading it, I was either holding my breath, maybe crying a little, and of course laughing! Even in dire times, Daemon can still make me laugh! The read was truly emotional on all levels! I am sad to see it go, but I was happy with the ending. For a series I was almost reluctant to read--fearing it to be a resurrected Roswell scenario--I am beyond happy that I gave it a chance so much time ago! It's truly been one of my most favorite YA series ever, because I loved Katy's character. Her strength and determination, how she handled Daemon in the very beginning--absolutely loved that spaghetti scene--and naturally, her book blog! She's seriously my favorite YA heroine ever!

Jennifer L. Amrentrout is always going to be one of my favorite authors. She an incredibly talented woman and writes beautifully! Every book is different, yet you can still sense a crossover tone that is simply her unique voice! I will happily read whatever she writes in the paranormal genre (and thriller, like Don't Look Back and her upcoming one next year), for she is the kind of writer whose books I yearn for both as a reader and aspiring writer. Thank you Jennifer for all the amazing books you write!


Overall Rating 5/5 stars


Now I must go read Shadows, for I never did get around to reading that one! Expect a review for that one next!



4 comments:

  1. I just started this one yesterday and right now the future does seem pretty bleak but then again I'm only about 50ish pages in. I'm hoping things start looking better and this series wraps up happily :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't read your review yet because I haven't read the 4th book either :( I'm working on it but you read fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get this one, it's on of the most anticipated books for me this year and I hate that it took so long. I can't wait to read it and see what happens. I love Daemon, he's hilarious! One of the funniest characters I've read, I love his fierceness love towards Katy, and he's an all around awesome freaking guy. I'm so glad you liked this one, I'm sure I'll love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your review for Opposition, I am currently reading that one and am looking forward to my own review on it :)
    Kat@The Realm of Books

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!