Aug 31, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



I had a pretty decent week, one upset came along when I thought I was ordering a book that I already owned--but with a NEW cover--instead I received the same old book with the same old cover that I already owned! The picture on the website WAS the NEW one and yet I got the OLD one!

So yeah, massive upset there! In the process of working out a return at the time of this post!


But on the brighter side of things! Here's the new books that I did get!

From the publisher/authors I received for review:

The Gifted Dead by Jenna Black (ARC)
Dire by Alyssa Rose Ivy (ARC)
Bring Me a Dream by Erin Kellison--already read, reviewed, and loved!
Invisible by Dawn Metcalf (ARC)
Red Blooded by Amanda Carlson (ARC)


Thank You Jenna, Alyssa, Erin, Fire Flower Publishing, LLC, Harlequin Teen, Orbit, & Netgalley!!


Then a book I bought was:

Stone Cold Lover by Christine Warren--true I still need to read the first one (and finish The Others series) but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it! It was like $5.50!! 
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman--a bargain find at Half Priced Books! And then there's another 20% discount on top that!
Bite Me by Christopher Moore--another HPB find! I read the first 2 books in this series years ago and this became an impulse buy!
 Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini--keeper copy!

 
Bookmarks from HPB! The Disney Princesses (older style!)
An angel statue I swear I've seen somewhere...maybe Savannah or Charleston? NOLA?
A Tinkerbell--because there's never too many of those!
and the final one...Eat. Sleep. Read. (Life is simple!! this was my only successful item from the dreaded BAM purchase)

And that was my haul! What did you get?







25 comments:

  1. What an amazing haul, Jessica! The Gifted Dead looks awesome and very interesting. :D I've seen Invisible on Netgalley but not so sure whether to request it or not. I hope it's as good as it sounds. Ha! Seraphina has been on my auto buy list for so long but never got the chance to buy it even if I'm all for dragons. :D

    Have a fund weekend, Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invisible is awesome! I hope you enjoy that series Jessica, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about the new black book and I'm starting Red Blooded right now. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gifted Dead looks really interesting. Red-Blooded is going to be awesome. Great stack this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new Alyssa Rose Ivy book!! I'm pretty excited cause I love her Hazards series! Can't wait to hear what you think of Seraphina!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really jealous Harlequin Teen seems to have regulated their netgalley preferences and my request for Invisible got rejected..... seems like i have to wait for the long way route for it :( Anyways nice haul, those book marks look gorgeous and Trail by Fire too. Happy Reading!!

    Aparajita @Le' Grande Codex

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got some very great looking books, very hot covers too, lol. Hope you enjoy reading them all!

    My StS: http://inmysecretbookworld.blogspot.se/2014/08/stacking-shelves-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great haul this week, Jessica!! I am sooo excited to read The Gifted Dead by Jenna Black! I really hope you enjoy all your new goodies!

    Thanks for stopping by my STS @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Gifted Dead looks good, hope you enjoy and have a great upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bookmarks! Seraphina sounds really great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm excited for Trial by Fire, enjoy your books and bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ARCs, I'm curious about Red Blooded. And I had a good time with Seraphina, I hope you enjoy!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope your bookseller corrects the answer! Great books this week, I've seen Invisible floating around but I've never really looked in to it!

    I LOVE the Disney princess bookmarks! I want one in the new style (have you seen the notebooks that Target sells with the princesses on the cover? They're really classy, I wish they had them in bookmark form)!

    Have a good week!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great haul. Most of these are new to me. Hope you enjoy reading them all.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome haul this week Jessica!! Love the cover to Alyssa's new book! And the bookmarks look great!!

    Thanx for visiting My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your bookmarks!! I'd be annoyed too... I've ordered a book before too and when it arrived it had a different cover. So not cool. Glad you still had a great week in books though! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved Trial by Fire and Seraphina! And eep, that sucks, I hate when they mix up things like that. B&N did that with a recent order of mine. I was like, dudeeee, I want the series to match?! Anyway. I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Trial by Fire and Red Blooded sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great haul. Bite Me was a very fun book. .enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those bookmarks! That stinks about the book cover you received, but hopefully you will get all of that sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OOO I see you got a lot of interesting books and some SUPER cute bookmarks!!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohhh Seraphina! I need to get my hands on that one. Happy reading!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome haul! Going to pick up a copy of Trial by Fire as soon as I have time to read it :) Thanks for stopping by and happy reading! Sorry my response is so late :/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I hoe you get your book with the cover you want, Jessica! Enjoy all your lovely reads! I adored Seraphina :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!