Aug 17, 2014

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!




I had an awesome week! Got too many books, which is always an odd feeling of elation and OMG what did I just do to my TBR pile?! But yeah, good feelings all around!


For review I got:


Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter (ARC)
Firebug by Lish McBride (ARC)
Lailah by Nikki Kelly (ARC)
Evernight by Kristen Callihan (ARC)
Eternal by C.C. Hunter (ARC)
House Immortal by Devon Monk (Early Copy)
Ante Up by Amanda Carlson (Early Copy)

THANK YOU GENA, AMANDA, NETGALLEY, HENRY HOLT & CO, FEIWEL & FRIENDS, FOREVER, ST. MARTIN'S GRIFFIN, and ROC!


Then I books I bought were:

Cursed Moon by Jaye Wells
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer--the library was taking too long 31 holds and guess which one I was?! So I bought it! Trusting all you people who told me this one was better than Cinder! ;)
Unearthly by Cynthia Hand (UK edition)--I already read the trilogy and liked it, then I went to Half Priced books while I waited for B&N to open and I found this little UK lovely for $2!! Basically I had to buy it!
BOOKMARKS! 
I went to BAM last Sunday and I found the coolest bookmarks ever: I like BIG BOOKS and I cannot lie!, Book Nerd, TBBT: Bazinga!, and TBBT with the Doctorate guys and Howard! TBBT bookmarks were $1 each! And they're normally $4! The other two weren't on sale but had to be owned!


Then in the mail from Gretchen McNeil I received:

Get Even swag packs! I got two of these, one for myself and one to giveaway! Check out my sidebar picture on the top for details!


And that was my awesome week! What did you get?








27 comments:

  1. Scarlet is awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Queen of Zombie Hearts!!! I am so jealous. I never get the good ARCs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Scarlet yet because I didn't care for Cinder. I'm excited to see what you think. Great set, Jessica! I hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for stopping by my STS:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evernight was really good! I finished it yesterday. I'm starting Cursed moon now, so curious! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right! Awesome week! I read Get Even, Firebug, and Scarlet. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Nice bookmarks too. One can never have too many. Happy reading and thanks for visiting my blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Evernight looks really good! I'll be looking for your upcoming review. I love all those bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to get on to Scarlett. I bought it a couple of weeks ago and I have yet to get to it! :/

    Unearthly has been on my radar fir a while! I hope you enjoy it as I would like to pick it up soon!

    Also BOOKMARKS :3 I love them! I keep collecting them from places I go!

    Thanks for sharing & enjoy all of your books! :D


    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! A diverse collection of paranormal books again. I am especially curious about CC Hunter's. And yippee to Scarlet. The Lunar Chronicles is absolutely an all time favorite. I ship Scarlet and Wolf and all the other ships in the series.

    Lovely lovely haul!

    Thanks for stopping by Thoughts and Pens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scarlet is definitely better than Cinder - you won't regret it. Might as well pick up Cress (or get on the hold list) now because it's even better than Scarlet IMHO. LOL. I just picked up Alice in Zombieland today - didn't realize book two was on it's way already, but I do love that cover. Enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bought Scarlet this week, too! And Unearthly, ooh I really love that series, hope you like it too! Enjoy all your new books, Jessica, have an awesome week :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing haul!! I can't believe you got Lailah, I'm dying to read that book. I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, The Queen of Zombie Hearts! Scarlet is awesome. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! So jealous of The Queen of Zombie Hearts even if I haven't read the second. I hope you enjoy all your new reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firebug looks good, hope you enjoy and have a great upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always have such great looking books and most I have never heard of in your piles. :) Love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving the swag! And OMG I cannot wait to read The Queen of Zombie Hearts :D

    I hope you enjoy all of your new books! Thanks for visiting my blog! And have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh... a few good books i am jealous of, Genas, Devons... Enjoy them Jessica!

    Here's My Weekly Wrap-Up!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, lots of great books! I want to read Jaye Wells' series, I have to read the first book before I get Cursed Moon though.

    Thanks for stopping by my STS!

    ~Mogsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Queen of Zombie Hearts!! I'm reading the 2nd in the series soon. I loved the first one. Great haul :D Jacllyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you got Scarlet and Queen of Zombie Hearts looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice haul. I picked up Unearthly from the library along with Hallowed and Boundless today.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh you got some awesome books this week. Curious to hear what you think about Lailah. And yay for The Queen of Zombie Hearts. I loved that book, which I borrowed from Jaime a couple months back. I am also curious about CC Hunter's ETERNAL from her Shadow Falls After Dark series. Will definitely stop by to check out your reviews. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oooooo lots and lots of good looking books this week =D

    Heres to a great week of reading!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great haul this week! An interesting mix of books this week. I hope you enjoy them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my! Some amazing books! And The Queen of Zombie Hearts looks amazing! I so need to get that series. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I still need to read Scarlet. It has been sitting on my shelf forever! I also want to start the Gena Showalter zombie series. Enjoy!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gah, I still need to read Scarlet! And Cress! I contemplated downloading Lailah but I'm not sure about it yet. I'm loving that Book Nerd bookmark! I saw one of those somewhere and almost bought it (or maybe I did? I can't remember lol). Looks like you got some awesome swag, too, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!