Aug 5, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:


1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc




"Midnight was the best time to summon the recently departed spirit of a vampire sex machine--or, apparently, any other spirit." p 43
















TITLE: Bled & Breakfast
AUTHOR: Michelle Rowen

PUBLISHER: Signet
GENRE: Paranormal Mystery
RELEASE DATE: June 4, 2013







Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I'd Give To Readers Who Have Never Read Paranormal Books


*in no particular order


 1. Bitten by Kelley Armstrong--one of my first adult Urban Fantasy series and was one of the first I gave to my friend once she started reading the genre!
2. Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison--another of my firsts! I loved this series and so excited to see its upcoming finale! A great starter series for the budding UF fan!
3. Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost--another incredible series that deserves to be loved and cherished! A perfect read for the fan looking for kickbutt action, smexy romance and of course, paranormal peeps (because there's more than just vampires in the series!)!


4. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones--because you gotta experience Urban Fantasy with the mystery and the hella funny!
5. Hounded by Kevin Hearne--a great series with great mythology and yes, written by a man in a genre dominated by women!
6. Stray by Rachel Vincent--another of my firsts in the adult paranormal world! And it was marvelous! A series that really gets your blood boiling with the characters, action, romance and the stupid choices that are results of too much tequila!


7. Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead--to experience the lesser seen paranormal character, that of a succubus! 
8. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning--to experience the fae in the ultimate way and meeting THE alpha male named Jericho Barrons!
9. Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler--to read a book filled with the best kind of humor and snark ever! While still having good mystery, paranormal peeps, and a little bit of romance too!


10. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead--the one YA pick (as I could do tons more!) that I'd recommend, just in case you're looking for a taste of paranormal YA and I choose this one since it's the one that brought me back to YA!





25 comments:

  1. Interesting tease. I'm curious... why does she want to summon a vampire sex machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote is hilarious, Jessica! And I love all the books you'd recommend to people who haven't read any PNR before, they're favorites :)
    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE Night Huntress, Fever, Stray, Charley Davidson and the Succubus books! Those are actually most of my favorites in that genre. Have you read Immortals after Dark by Kresley Cole? Those are amazing also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the teaser. I've read all your paranormal picks except 8 & 9 but I'm pretty sure they are hiding on my Kindle if I ever get a chance to choose my next book instead of reading review books. My teasers this week are from Iron Hearted Violet by Kelly Barnhill and Pray for Silence by Linda Castillo. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun teaser! As for books for non-readers of paranormal...I agree with you on Jeaniene Frost, but not Darynda Jones -- for a "best first book" I was greatly disappointed. My teaser: The Moonstone

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now I'm curious. :) Here's my teaser:
    http://www.owlcatmountain.com/2014/08/05/tuesday-teaser-august-5/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these. I tried REALLY hard to read Vampire Academy, but I couldn't do it... Haha! Thanks for sharing:

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha, I literally LOL'd at that teaser! Hope you loved Bled & Breakfast :)

    Here's my Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun teaser, I appreciate the snark! Also, I like your choices for some of the paranormal books, Kevin Hearne is a writer I ADORE! Happy reading!

    My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Out of all of these, I've only read Vampire Academy! I'll have to check out some of the others. Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm, I haven't read any of these, though I do have Vampire Academy. Thanks for the recs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Umm what or who is a vampire sex machine?

    I would probably do Vampire Academy or Stray from your list. I read Bitten but it was so long ago that I don't really remember it.

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hehe.. nice tease!
    Yes! Richelle Mead, Rachel Vincent and Jeneiene Frost.. totally agree!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of all those you have listed, I think I have the first book in almost all of them and only read two of them..that is just pitiful..lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo... Stray looks interesting.. and it's embarrassing that I still haven't even started the Vampire Academy series... :/ Shameful, I know. Great list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tempest Rising looks amazing, just added it to my to-read list! Thank you so much for sharing these!! :)

    Lipstick and Mocha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the teaser you chose - the book sounds so intriguing! :D The only one of your Top Ten books I've read is Vampire Academy, but I'm now trolling Goodreads to add the others to my TBR... :) Thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a huge paranormal fan :) LOVE Jeaniene Frost and VA series. I really need to read Darynda Jones. great list Jessica!

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just the cover of Tempest Rising makes me want to read it - and then I read your description and it sealed the deal! I will have to check that one out!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL. Great tease. Sounds like a fun read. Great list, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a nice tease, Jessica. It sounds like a fun read. And I've read almost every one of the books on your Top 10...yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your teaser and cool selection of books. I don't read a ton of paranormal, but I have found several I enjoyed.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!