Aug 12, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

http://shouldbereading.wordpress.com/
Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc


"'This arrow will make you lose your capacity for love or feel love ever again. It will suck your happiness from your soul like a hydra would suck the marrow from your bones. You won't be able to experience pleasure to the point that you will seek out pain, just to be able to feel something. In a week, you'll go mad, in two, you'll be begging me to kill you; in a month, you'll do it yourself.'

Rowan stammers. I blink at--redacted--. Ethan was right--Cupid isn't a baby.

He's a badass." Kindle loc. 81%*


*Quote comes from my eARC, therefore it and its location are not final.


TITLE: The Eternity Key
AUTHOR: Bree Despain
PUBLISHER: Egmont USA
GENRE: Fantasy YA (Mythological)
RELEASE DATE: May 12, 2015




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.



This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want Hesitant To Read..but will eventually!


*in no particular order


1. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer--I read Cinder and was hoping to love it like everyone. I felt meh. But now I feel like I should read this one. Put a request in at the library but didn't realize that there were like 30 people ahead of me. May end up buying it just to read it BECAUSE in October Marissa is coming to St. Louis!
2. Dead Girls are Easy by Terri Garey--not sure why I am so hesitant. I read a great review of this one. Then ended up buying the entire series at Borders closing sales. Sob! Maybe that's why I am hesitant! I really have no clue!
3. Evernight by Claudia Gray--I heard mixed things about this series. I think I downloaded this on a freebie day, but I haven't gotten to it because I think people didn't like the later books as much.


4. Scent of a White Rose by Tish Thawer--I bought this one sooooo long ago and still haven't read it. I can't remember what led me to buy it in the first place now, so yeah...wondering if I will like it now!
5. Switched by Amanda Hocking--bought this trilogy too a long while back. I liked her My Blood Approves series but then I heard mixed things about this. I am hoping I will like it!
6. Dark Heart Forever by Lee Monroe--another book I bought soooo long ago! Obviously it's a YA with werewolves, but what else!? Why did I buy it? Were there good reviews? I can't remember! Hence the problem with buying too many books!


7. Blood by Moonlight by Various Authors--I downloaded this one a long while back and haven't read it! Might have bought it because I loved Jocelynn Drake and was going to read Terri Garey eventually, but then it goes back to my wondering, will I like Terri's book? And Caris is new to me, so will I like that story too?
8. Virtue by Amanda Hocking--another one I bought for my kindle a long time ago. A cheap read but then I can't remember what reviews I read, so there's that fear of...will I like it?
9. Spellcaster by Claudia Gray--I don't know why I didn't pick this one up when it first released. I'm all for paranormal reads, but there's that reason, why didn't I buy it when it released? When it was a free offer at RT this year, naturally I grabbed it!


10. Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike--another freebie RT read that I picked up. And again, that hesitancy of why didn't I get it the first time around? Possibly because I need to read the Wings series first! If I have more of their older books on my pile, I usually like to finish that series first. Just my weird tendencies!




33 comments:

  1. I have heard Scarlet by Marissa Meyer is a perfect book but I'm not sure about the series! I haven't even read the first book but I've read some awesome reviews :)

    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Scarlet is better than CInder and Cress is better than Scarlet! So I'd recommend giving it a try!

    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  3. That teaser was intense, Jessica. I haven't read any of the books on your list. Hope you enjoy them when you do.
    Here's my teaser.
    http://www.lovebitessilkties.co.uk/2014/08/teasertuesday-opening-paragraph-good.html

    Kay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evernight was good, but I heard things about how the series ended, so I quit the series after the second book, and I was okay with it.

    ^ I totally agree with what Nicole said about Scarlet. It's better than Cinder. And Cress was AMAZING. This series rocks my socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like The Lunar Chronicles, and like Nicole, I think Scarlet is better than Cinder. Hope that helps you make up your mind. I've heard of some of these others, but haven't thought much about them.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the Lunar Chronicles and Scarlet is actually my favorite of the series so far! And I've seen many people say that Cinder was ok, but Scarlet and Cress are what got them! I'm just going to say keep reading the series because I can go on for DAYS about that series! It's my favorite series right now! I've even book pushed it to my mom! (See I told you I could go on and on about The Lunar Chronicles smh)

    Thanks for stopping by Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinder is one I haven't read yet, but I know a ton of people loved Scarlet even more. I haven't read any on your list but I know my sister adores Switched.

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is new to me and some grt picks..I like getting to know abt new books.. :)

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday post
    -Nikita @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved Cinder, but I was very meh on Scarlet. I bought Cress, and I do plan on reading it eventually, but I always have trouble continuing a series if I didn't like the second book nearly as much as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That teaser was so weighty and threatening! It's an excellent one though because you got me curious as to who is making the threat ;)

    Also, I too was not as entertained with Cinder, I finally was able to pick up a copy of Scarlet at my local library and I am enjoying it way more than book one; that's for sure! Hope you get to read it soon!

    Here is my TT The Kite Runner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing teaser, I have to check this out. Thanks for sharing!!
    Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can vouch for SCARLETT being pretty good. I like the series in general.

    Also like your teaser! I may have to look up this series.

    Here's my teaser:
    http://www.owlcatmountain.com/2014/08/12/tuesday-teaser-august-12/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read any of the books on your list but I've heard of most of them. I'm curious to see if I'll like Cinder :)

    Here's my TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a new take on Cupid! I've never thought of him that way.
    My Teaser is from WHERE OR WHEN.

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooo, interesting teaser. loved scarlett and cress even more.
    here's mine: http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2014/08/teaser-tuesday-81214.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Cinder, but the second book just wasn't as good to me. I'm hesitant to read the third... Great list!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice tease! I don't know anything about this series, but your teaser makes me want to find out. Thanks for sharing! Mine come from a couple of eARC's as well this week...
    My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, Evernight annoyed me so much – yet I liked it. I know that sounds really weird, but there was something about the book that made me really curious about the next book in the series.

    I did love Cinder, so I’ll be a bit biased on that series. I haven’t read Scarlett yet, but I bought a copy last week, so hopefully I’ll love it!

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  19. The only one I've read on your list is Scarlet and I really enjoyed it! I was always curious about Switch but never actually read it. Great list!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed Scarlet. I haven't read any of the rest though I think a couple are on my TBR mountain. Thanks for visiting my blogs. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't read any of these, but I do hope to get around to the Marissa Meyer series eventually. If you get to Scarlet, you'll have to let me know what you think of the story overall. :D Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Happy Tuesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well that's an interesting tease. Definitely wouldn't want anything to do with that arrow.

    I've read Evernight and Switched. I found them both great so much so that I read the entire series of each.

    Thanks for stopping by my tease.

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, yes! I forgot to add Cinder, Scarlet, etc. to my list. I've heard great stuff about it, but somehow I'm not really getting in the mood to read it. I'm surprised to see some of your picks since I know you love to read paranormal, but I guess we all have our reading phases and preferences, so you not wanting to read the books for whatever reason is perfectly fine and justified. Great list, Jessica!

    Thank you for stopping by my post earlier.

    Sarika @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is my first encounter with this kind of Cupid. Hope he doesn't make things worse.
    Kero @ Kero's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is an awesome teaser, Jessica. I really want to read The Eternity Key now! ;) And I'm with you on hesitating to read Scarlet, Switched, and Earth Bound. I probably will read them...eventually. And Evernight - I liked it and the first 3 books in the series. The 4th was sort of a letdown. I think Evernight and Stargazer (#2) were my favs in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Scarlet is great! I already liked Cinder, but Scarlet blew me away :) Thorne is a great addition to the storyline.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy

    ReplyDelete
  27. The only one I can comment on is Scarlet. While I loved Cinder, I loved Scarlet more. Marissa definitely gets more into the meat of the story/world and things really get going in this one. Plus, Wolf and Thorne. You really can't go wrong with those two

    You should probably just buy it!

    Andrea @ Bookish

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oo, I can be helpful! I didn't love Cinder as much as everyone indicated I would, so I was nervous about continuing the series. However, Scarlet had me white knuckled while finishing it and I loved it, so I do definitely recommend you continue it since I found myself much more emotionally invested in Scarlet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Well...I loved Cinder so I obviously loved Scarlet too! I feel like this series gets better with every book, so it's definitely worth a shot.

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider silk

    ReplyDelete
  30. I haven't read any of these but I do want to eventually read Scarlet! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have read Evernight, and was disappointed by the time I finished the series. These things happen.
    Great tease from The Eternity Key though... I will have to get onto that series I think!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!