Aug 26, 2014

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Here are the rules:


1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc



"'You're on the bloody promenade deck--you almost walked off the edge.' My eyes widened, and the contents of my stomach rose into my throat--because Oliver was right. 

Three feet from my face was the railing.

And below that was the roiling, gray sea." p 82














TITLE: A Darkness Strange and Lovely
AUTHOR: Susan Dennard

PUBLISHER: Harper Teen
GENRE: Paranormal YA
RELEASE DATE: July 23, 2013





Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list  that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Books I Really Want To Read But Don't Own Yet


*in no particular order

Some of these, if not most, are making their way onto my Birthday/Christmas list (2 holidays, 1 month!)! And these are all books that are out now!


 1. The Merciless by Danielle Vega--sounds like a good creepy read and reviews were good, so I want it!
2. Fairest of them All by Serena Valentino--an inside story of the Evil Queen? Hells yeah! (this was pre-Maleficent, but same concept!)
3. The Beast Within by Serena Valentino--a kind of prequel to who the Beast was when he was the prince!


4. Neverland by Anna Katmore--a grownup version of Peter Pan, thought it sounded intriguing! Another love story with Captain Hook!
5. Through the Woods by Emily Carroll--seen this one around and it sounds like an intriguing graphic novel of stories! Plus pictures! And it's like creepy fairy tales, so gotta love that!
6. Welcome to the Dark House by Laurie Faria Stolarz--haven't read this author since her Blue is for Nightmares days, but this one sounds creepy and I like the creepy! ;)


7. The Mythology of Supernatural by Nathan Robert Brown--I think this one sounds awesome! It basically has the supernatural legends and lore behind all the creepy things they've hunted!
8. Four Houses by Victoria Scott--still need to buy this. Had entered a contest so long ago to win one, but lost and totally forgot to buy for myself!
9. A Shade of Blood by Bella Forrest--I read the first one in this series and liked it. Sure there were some things I disliked, but I do want to read the rest of the series, which is another 6 books!


10. Indelible by Dawn Metcalf--somehow just stumbled onto this one and it sounds kinda exciting! Might need to get it soon!




 

28 comments:

  1. I'm glad Oliver was there to stop her from falling off the deck. That wouldn't have ended to well.
    I like the cover of this book. The colors are really pretty.

    My Tease @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the covers are an indication, these will be fabulous reads!

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God, she didn't fall off the deck.
    The Merciless has such a simple and nice cover.
    Kero @ KBB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your teaser, Jessica! I want to read more about her, and why she was so pre-occupied she almost walked straight off the deck.

    I'm unfamiliar with all the books you want to read this year but don't own yet. How is that possible?!?

    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just grabbed The Beast Within the other day because that cover was gorgeous! Great list and I loved your tease!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many books on your list that I want now too!! Thanks for sharing. Added these to my wish list ASAP!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these except Indelible, and I haven't read any of them either. I hope you enjoy these!

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider Silk

    ReplyDelete
  8. MERCILESS! ***Runs to goodreads and adds to TBR!*** Great list!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to read The Merciless! I’ve been pining after that book since it was released. Welcome to the Dark House is another I really want to read. I love creepy books so both appeal to me so much :) Great list Jessica!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool, I'll have to check out a few of these :) I hope you'll get them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Four houses should have been on my list, too. I want to read that book so bad! I LOVE Victoria Scott. Neverland sounds really good, too. All of the books look really good. Great list! Happy Tuesday!
    Brittney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! I think the Serena Valentino books look fantastic, that's the total Disney lover in me saying that though, haha. A lot of the others are ones I haven't heard of.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG how have I never heard about these Disney books?! They're all going on my TBR list right now!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo Welcome to the Dark House looks really creepy! I'll have to check that out! Great picks :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great teaser. Yet another series I want to read. Great list, too. I haven't read many of these, but both those fairy tale themed ones look great. I'll have to check them out. :D Happy Tuesday, Jessica! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. So I definitely now need to add your 2,3, and 4 to my list as well! especially number 4. It's posts like this that make my TBR grow even more!!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ Paradise of Pages

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice teaser! I've been wanting to read that series. The covers are gorgeous.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhhh! I love your first three picks, Jessica. But you already know that I am super crazy about Fairy Tale retellings. All of these books are new to me though. T_T

    Thanks for stopping by Thoughts and Pens!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those Serena Valentino books look great!! Hadn't heard about them until now O_O

    ReplyDelete
  20. Merciless got weird towards the end. >.>

    ALSO! I bought Fairest at Disney World and I have NO idea where to get the Beast's story and it's driving me crazy!

    Great picks this week! :)
    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh... I wonder what happened so she nearly fell! Good one!

    Thanx for visiting my TT
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a great tease, Jessica. You definitely got my attention with that one! Most of your list picks are new to me...I'll have to check them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohh I love the look of Fairest of All and Beast Within!! I want to read them :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fairest of All and The Beast Within were both really good! Disney Press did both as well as a novelization of Maleficent. I strongly suspect we will see one about Ursula soon based on some of the hints in them (the two have 3 connecting characters that mention her).

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been so curious about both of those Disney books for a while! I'm hoping you get them soon so that I can see what you think ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!