Aug 20, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

I hate waiting...
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


At long last... The final book in the New York Times bestselling Hollows series by Kim Harrison!

Rachel Morgan's come a long way from the clutzy runner of Dead Witch Walking. She's faced vampires and werewolves, banshees, witches, and soul-eating demons. She's crossed worlds, channeled gods, and accepted her place as a day-walking demon. She's lost friends and lovers and family, and an old enemy has become something much more.

But power demands responsibility, and world-changers must always pay a price. That time is now.

To save Ivy's soul and the rest of the living vampires, to keep the demonic ever after and our own world from destruction, Rachel Morgan will risk everything.


I'm going to cry! I swear I'm gonna cry! This was among my first "adult" books I read when I was a senior in high school and I fell in love with it! Kim became my fave author before I even realized I was turning into a fangirl! And now the series is wrapping up this year! I don't know if I can take it! Already preordered my signed B&N copy too!

TITLE: The Witch with No Name
AUTHOR: Kim Harrison
PUBLISHER: Harper Voyager
GENRE: Urban Fantasy
RELEASE DATE: September 9, 2014 



The hugely anticipated follow-up to the New York Times bestselling The 5th Wave.

For Cassie Sullivan and the rest of Earth’s remaining human survivors, the situation was already desperate when the 5th Wave hit. It’s about to get worse.

No one yet knows the depths to which Earth’s conquerors—the Others—will sink in order to rid the Earth of the human infestation, nor have they guessed the heights to which the human spirit can reach. Characters introduced in Book One will come to the fore—and others will face the ultimate test.

Readers will watch in awe as the Others give their answer to Cassie’s defiance.



The series I was somewhat skeptical about but quickly turned into one that I loved whole-heartedly! An amazing kind of read that I just can't wait to dive back into! This copy is preordered too!

TITLE: The Infinite Sea
AUTHOR: Rick Yancey
PUBLISHER: Putnam Juevnille
GENRE: Dystopian YA
RELEASE DATE: September 16, 2014






27 comments:

  1. Two great picks Jessica... 2 series I need to get in to!

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES DYING for The Infinite Sea! Even though I just read The 5th Wave I really must know what happens next especially with Evan!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had been hoping to read The 5th Wave before the release of the sequel, but that hasn't happened yet unfortunately. I've heard such good things about it. Nice choice Jessica!!
    Thanks so much for stopping by YA Book Addict Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost got The 5th Wave at the library yesterday. I probably should have, because I Really want to read it! Maybe I can read it right when The Infinite Sea comes out. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks! I always say I need to read more urban fantasy, especially by Kim Harrison. She seems like a great writer. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two very good books. I have to still read The Fifth Wave. Have heard only good things about these books.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks, Jessica! And great series :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Witch With No Name is epic, Jessica! I loved it so much, and I'm so sad The Hollows is over now.

    I haven't heard fo The Infinite yet, but it looks really interesting.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier, Jessica. Happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks they sound good and I hope you get to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not read anything by either of these authors before but I'm not sure if these would be my cup of tea but I do hope you enjoy them both. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is so much love for The Fifth Wave. Haven't read it yet! I hope you love these books when you read them, Jessica :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sadly I never got into either of these series but I have heard such good things about both! I hope you enjoy them when you read them :)

    My WoW .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am waiting on The Infinite Sea as well, I love Rick Yancey and I enjoyed The 5th Wave. But I still have yet to read anything by Kim Harrison, but it's on my list :)

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    Thanks for checking out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait for The Infinite Sea either! I Luckily we won't have to wait too long! :)

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've heard a lot about these but haven't read them. Enjoy! Have a great week.
    Laura
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been dying to start the Hollows series! I've heard amazing things about it!! AND YESSS, I am dying to read The Infinite Sea! I wasn't a huge fan of The 5th Wave, but I'm dying to know what happens next!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. So I just bought the first book in the Kim Harrison series -- can't wait to start it! Great picks!!

    Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Without ruining anything for any one i'm just gonna say i'm still torn up about Matalina. I need a little more time still. Matt @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been meaning to read The 5th Wave, I just haven't gotten around to it. I haven't read any of Kim Harrison's books. I hope you enjoy both of your picks this week. Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I never read The 5th Wave but I still want to get to it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to check out the 5th Wave :) I heard so many great things about it. Thanks for stopping by!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  22. OHMYGOSH! I definitely want to read The Instant Sea. I absolutely enjoyed the 5th Wave and thought it was a riveting read. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. :)

    Suz @ A Soul Unsung
    old follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's really awesome that you stuck with the series for so long! I've only read the first two books in this series, but they were a lot of fun. Eventually I'll read the rest! I hope you enjoy it, thanks for sharing!!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Definitely!! I'm so excited about the finale of The Hollows, but so terrified about it ending all at the same time! Jaclyn @ JC's Book Haven.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I seriously need to get started on the Rick Yancy series. Great picks

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Infinite Sea looks amazing, love the cover! Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm ready to scream I'm so ready for the Witch With No Name! I requested it 3x on Edelweiss, but no luck. So I wait...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!