May 18, 2018

Book Blogger Hop

This meme is hosted by Billy at Ramblings of a Coffee Addict!
 
 
 
This week's question is: What were your worst movies based off of books? (submitted by Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog
 
 
 
MY ANSWER: Without a doubt it was Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause.
 
I loved loved LOVED this book! It was one I re-read back in the Dark Days at least three times I think. And when I heard it was made into a movie I was sooo excited. Then I saw it and I was so utterly, utterly disappointed.

If there was ever a movie that was so not based off of a book when it claims to be "based on the novel..." it was this one! Seriously the ONLY things that remained the same were the character names and the fact that Vivian, a werewolf fell in love with Aidan, a human. So yeah. Naturally, the book was freaking incredible and the movie so should have been called something else instead of sharing the title.





3 comments:

  1. I'm sure that was very disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that's a bummer- I HATE it when they do that w/ adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vaguely remember seeing this movie but I really don't remember much. But I do have a copy of the book somewhere. I must track it down and read it!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!