May 31, 2018

Random Thursday

Before I dive into my next book of randomness, I thought I would share a few pages from my Disney Desk Calendar that had factoids that I found to be very interesting. No mistakes yet, other than one, but that won't pop up in a post until next year. I am very surprised there was only 1 mistake so far. Last year I seemed to have quite the pile of them! But we're only nearing June!


(image borrowed from Disney Wiki)
Rapunzel's animated hair is approximately 70 feet long, and is made up of 100,000 individual strands.


That's amazing! It's pretty cool to see what you can do with CGI animation versus the hand-drawn stuff. Though that art is stunning in its own way too of course!


(image borrowed from Gathered Nettles)
Between 1940 and 1941, Danish artist Kay Nielsen created an extraordinary series of "Little Mermaid" concept paintings for Walt Disney. Forty-five years later, those paintings so inspired The Little Mermaid filmmaking team that they gave Nielsen an on-screen, end-title credit.


That's awesome! I loved learning how Walt had all these ideas for favorite Disney movies long before we ever got to see them. I'm glad he took his time in helping to create them, though he passed away long before this one would hit theaters. :(



(image borrowed from Pinterest)
Due to the intricacy of her braid, Elsa has 420,000 strands of hair. That's four times more than Tangled's Rapunzel.


Whoa. I didn't think Elsa's hair would top Rapunzel, but yeah I can see it now with the details to her braid!


(image borrowed from BoredBug)
In Pixar movies you sometimes see the magical number A113. If you didn't already know, this was the room number that most of the Pixar animators met in when they were taking their Animation 101 class! I was surprised to have seen the number here in a non-Pixar film, but there you go!





4 comments:

  1. It's hilarious to me that Elsa's hair was so detailed, but they still messed it up during Let it Go XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny about the room number- never ever noticed that! And wow about the Mermaid sketches- that's kinda neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All these facts are amazing! It's crazy how intricate Elsa's hair was compared to Rapunzels. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember hearing about how much detail went into Elsa's hair. Animators are patient af.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!