May 7, 2018

Let's Discuss: Dream Jobs

Time to get back to getting some discussion posts going! I apparently only had one scheduled last week! Whoops! Maybe I'll try to do 2-3 a week. Let's see how things go! Lol! Since I am still without any inspiring ideas, I'll refer to my handy dandy list! Today's topic is...


Dream Job?


Obviously my dream job is to be an author. I am actually trying to work on it. Though I kind of failed miserably this week. A lot is going on this year, there's like 3 weddings to attend, which means multiple showers, plus my cousin is having a baby, so that was another shower...it's a lot to do on my weekends! Lol! But yes, I feel like since I was 13 my dream job was to be an author. 

I haven't quite gotten the courage to self-publish because, let's face, I have zero technology skills. I wouldn't really know where I needed to start. Plus there's things like cover design, editing, formatting, the dreaded title situation...because I seriously hate all the titles I've come up with. Mostly ones that were from ideas I've been trying to work with when I was 13-15. Yeah, those titles suck! Lol!

I guess my other dream job was always to be a proofreader at one of my favorite publishers and basically get to read all the books early to make sure things were spelled correctly and all that whatnot! Lol! Let's face it, it's still a dream! 

And of course, there's always the dream job where I don't have to work at all because I end up marrying a mega billionaire, Bruce Wayne type. Though I think I'd honestly get a little bored not having ANY job! Lol.

What's your dream job?





6 comments:

  1. I think at this point, my dream job is to be a librarian. I love community, organization, and books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you can do anything, just take it steps at a time.. except for meeting a mega billionaire-which may not happen!! I think it would be AWESOME sauce if we got paid per post for reviews!! I would LOVE that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm similar to you in that my dream job would be proofreading/editing at a book publishing house. I've had some success with freelance editing, though not as much as I would like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess I have the same dreams as yourself. Whilst growing up I really wanted to be an Author, but truth be told, I probably don't have enough imagination for that. I do enjoy writing poems still.

    I really want to pursue proof reading, as it'll allow me to do what I love, and I will be able to work from home.

    However, I'd be happy to be a librarian or a bookstore owner, even sales assistant at a bookstore, but I would prefer a librarian, as I feel that's more interactions with book lovers.

    Reality-wise..I am an event manager by trade and would like to have my own business doing weddings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be an author, too. I do work as a freelance proofreader but I would enjoy working with a big publishing house. I'd like to be able to earn a living from my blog as well, I really admire people who are able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would definitely love to be an author. I'm working on it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!