May 27, 2018

Stacking the Shelves

Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks! The meme is now hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Reading Reality.


This week was far better than expected...book wise! Lol! The weather has gotten ugly, we're talking 90s, heat, humidity...disgustingness. I don't understand how some of the people in this city enjoy this weather! I loathe it! Every day I drive home I see people with their windows down, meanwhile I'm cranking mine on MAXIMUM!! Yeah, summer is definitely here. What's spring anyway?


Anyway, I really didn't *buy* any books this week. Well...books that need to be read that is...

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir--so yeah...I succumbed once again to buying paperbacks of books I own to have the matching covers. It's a sickness I tell you. But I smile as I do it! :D
A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir--it also helped to motivate me that Sabaa is coming HERE next month! So I wanted to get these asap...mostly because there was a good sale going on too! Before the holiday! I did the math even anticipating possible sales! Definitely got the better deal earlier this week! Though I still might go shopping today! ;)


Then for review from the publisher I received:

The Lantern's Ember by Colleen Houck (ARC)--SUPER EXCITED to read this one!! I had anticipated it as a Halloween read, but I am totally up for reading it earlier! Lol!


THANK YOU Delacorte Press!!


Then in an awesome trade yet again on the BooksforTrade hashtag, I received:

Campfire by Shawn Sarles (ARC)--another super creepy read that I am looking forward to!


THANK YOU @Addicted2FantaC!!



I may have bought another book sleeve!! Lol! In my defense...yeah...that's losing its meaning now, lol! But there was a sale and I had my eye on this one for awhile and it pays homage to one of my favorite shows growing up!

Go go Power Rangers! Yes, I was singing the song as I opened this one up! Lol! Gotta love the 90s (and my gif proves it! Yes, it was a 2000 song, but close enough!)!

This beauty came from Book Biff on Etsy!



And that was my haul this week! What did you get?







7 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous covers of the Sabaa Tahir books. I can see why you would want matching covers!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of this HOT weather (80s here, super humid), but it's been raining for hours, and has cooled off a bit. Going to enjoy the fresh air while I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes can't resist the matching covers either. And love your new book sleeve! (I'll accept your defense. LOL!)

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I am one of those who gets made at cover changes when I already have the first couple, but it does bother me...lol. Glad you got a good deal!

    Stormi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover for Campfire. Looks creepy good.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lantern's Ember looks awesome! And so does Campfire- bring on the creepy reads lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to my favorite Indie bookstore last year and ended up buying the new paperback copies of EMBER and TORCH... totally did not need the copies, but I want them to match my copy of REAPER. :D I hope you enjoy all of your new books!

    Have a lovely week, Jessica. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!