May 29, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



"'All I know for sure is something's out there, and I don't think it's just that Agent Truman dude we gotta watch out for anymore.'

Something was out there.

Something, not someone." p 44










TITLE: The Countdown
AUTHOR: Kimberly Derting
PUBLISHER: HarperTeen
GENRE: Sci-Fi YA
RELEASE DATE: May 10, 2016




Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


 This week's topic is: Top Ten Bookish Worlds I’d Want to Live In/Visit


*in no particular order


10. DOON--a mystical kingdom that you can only get to by crossing a bridge in Scotland?! Uh yes please!!!
9. MYTICA--I might be slightly crazy, but I think I would love to visit these countries! Of course, I might just want to see Magnus. Tough call.
8. SITIA--I loved the world of Poison Study, though, naturally, I'd want to be on the side where magic is allowed more so than Ixia!  


7. THE FORBIDDEN GAME--I might be nuts on this one. Wanting to visit, we'll say visit instead of live. I remember thinking this world fascinating, though terrifying. But if Julian were my guide I could manage! Lol!
6. NEVERLAND--to never grow up would be a lot of fun! Though does it count if I am actually grown up but am still a kid at heart? Yes, I'm saying it does! Lol!
5. SANG--a world of paranormal creatures, kind of dark, maybe scary, but if I had Criminy at my side I know I could handle it. Now I just need to read the final book!


4. THE NIGHT COURT--duh! Lol.
3. ARILLAND--a land of fairy tales? Yes please!
2. HOGWARTS/HOGSMEADE/DIAGON ALLEY...PRETTY MUCH EVERYWHERE IN THIS SERIES--no explanation needed!


1. NOCTURNE FALLS--probably my number 1 place to live! I know...I'm not sure how this outranked Harry! Somehow it does because it's a town filled with paranormal people and paranormal reads have been apart of my life for a very long time now. I feel like this town was meant for me. 




 


9 comments:

  1. Neverland is definitely a land I have loved for a really long time, and the threat level is pretty low. Not sure about the Night Court, but I would love to go to Velaris. It's sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only seen one other person talk about Neverland this week. What a unique choice! Good job. :)

    Yeah, there were definitely parts of Harry Potter's world that I'd never want to see for myself. Good choice there.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I would love to visit Sitia as well, not sure about living there.

    My list: https://fantasyraiders.wordpress.com/2018/05/29/top-ten-tuesday-my-favorite-world-builders/#more-8428

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I've never read Peter Pan, but I've watched the movies. Neverland would be totally awesome to see. And so would Hogwarts, and NOCTURNE FALLS. You picked some awesome ones!

    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Wicked as they come! I LOVE Criminy! And falling Kingdoms too! I would love King Gaius! I love Magnus too of course! But I always have a thing for older evil guys! :P

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be quite happy to live at Hogwarts!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/29/top-ten-tuesday-161/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how I could have forgotten about Peter Pan -- what a wonderful place to see! I haven't read Doon or the Falling Kingdoms series, but they have both piqued my interest - especially Falling Kingdoms, that one has been on my list to check out for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neverland is a smart one. Although, I wouldn't want to be a kid when I visited. I'd want to be my current age because children are gross and rude. Awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So with you on Night Court and Harry Potter.... those worlds would be so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!