May 22, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.



Okay, so as I write this I am actually finishing up with Shadow of the Fox and am not certain what I will be reading come Tuesday, so I thought, why not just share a teaser from this one?!


"The ronin blew out a breath. 'Well, there's nothing around here,' he said. 'Let's see where the glowing dead person wants to take us.'" p 362*


*Quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its page number are not final.










TITLE: The Shadow of the Fox
AUTHOR: Julie Kagawa
PUBLISHER: Harlequin Teen
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: October 2, 2018 


Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Top Ten Best Character Names 


*in no particular order


The Boys

10. DAEMON--it's that extra "e"! I don't know why but ever since I saw Jennifer spell it this way, I can't get over that name! Plus the character attached to it, is just awesome! Lol!
9. HUNTER--maybe because it's a noun and that's just cool or maybe stemming from my love of Shawn Hunter...I've just always loved the name Hunter! Naturally, Jennifer has one of these too!
8. AUBREY--more of a unique name, plus since this was my first vampire novel and my first book boyfriend ever, he holds a special place in my heart!

7. ADRIAN--I can't remember if I was introduced to the name Adrian through Richelle or not. I want to say not. Adrian has been the name of one of my heroes in a WIP for years. So I guess that's why I became so attached to the name and was happy to see it pop up in one of my favorite spinoff series! 
6. ETHAN--another name from a WIP and another I became attached to. Not sure how or why, but then I met Chloe's Ethan and I knew the name was going to continue being a favorite!


 

The Girls


5. JESSICA--I know, I know! But you never realize how cool it is to see your name printed in a book! It's weird, my name was always so popular in school. There'd be like 3 Jessicas in class and I hardly ever saw the name used in books I read. There was one book as a kid-kid, but this was my first YA book with a Jessica! Hence why it's so special to me!
4. EMBER--again with the using a noun as a name! It's just cool!!! Plus Ember was freaking awesome!
3. FAYTHE--though she drove me nuts at times, I gotta admit, I loved the way her name was spelt! Yes, there's Faith and that's cool, but this spelling was just fun to type (as I typed it in my reviews since book 3 was when I started my blog!)!


2. CHARLEY--again with the unique spelling and giving a nickname to Charlotte that's sometimes seen as masculine, Charlie. I like the different spellings of common names! It's just fun to see! I'm a geek! 
1. KAYLEE--another Rachel Vincent name and another one that's just kind of new to me! I don't think I've met another Kaylee in book or real life! 



BONUS NAME!

RILEY!!!!

I love the name Riley, whether it's being used as a boy name or a girl name! Here are two of my favorite reads wherein we have a Riley. Yes, my beloved Intertwined had a Riley and though he was sort of a secondary character, he was still one of my favorites! I miss you Riley!!!

Then there's my first gal pal Riley from Jana Oliver's The Demon Trapper's Daughter! Riley was a badass and I loved her! She was tough as nails and still had her girlyness too if I recall--I still have some of Jana's self-pubbed books in the series to read, so I'm a bit behind! Lol!

But yeah, I love the name Riley!




 

16 comments:

  1. Great list! I'm actually the opposite to you, I find it very hard to read a book if there's a character called Jess or Jessica in it - I don't know! Mind you my parents decided to spell my name Jessicca so I always look like a typo, so I never really come across my actual name in books anyway. Ember is a great name - especially for a dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I actually forgot about it ( I read it a long time ago) but I love how Faythe name is spelled.


    My TTT: https://fantasyraiders.wordpress.com/2018/05/22/top-ten-tuesday-how-do-you-pronounce-it-names/comment-page-1/#comment-3848

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe of course you chose Jessica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good teaser and great list. I only did the teaser part. My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read this Kagawa title. I always like to find my name in books. It was popular when I was growing up but seems very rare now. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the quote! And Adrian's a good name. Same with ember!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That teaser made me chuckle. Great cover. And fun list too:)

    My TT from The Penance List

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like an intriguing read - I hope you enjoy this one, Jessicca:). As for my name - common as Muck! At college we all had nicknames as there were so many of us - I was known as Abba Sarah, because I reminded someone of the blonde girl from Abba...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the name Ember too. I kinda like anything that has an elemental feel to it.

    My list this week focused on Best Female Character Names. Check iot out here: http://books.thetechchef.net/top-ten-tuesday-40-best-female-character-names/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like the name Charley spelled with a y. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the name Ember! I've always thought it was really unique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo. Hunter is a good name. So is Faith or Faythe, in this case. I also like Charley for a girl's name. For a boy's name I'm kind of meh about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always liked the name Ember, it sounds both strong and pretty. Riley is a great name too.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!