May 15, 2018

Teaser & Top Ten Tuesdays

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by Purple Princess of The Purple Booker.


Here are the rules:

1. Grab your current read
2. Open to a page
3. Pick out 2 lines that are SPOILER FREE
4. Name the title, author, etc.


"Toby had not yet met a troll, and although he had hoped they were jolly people with brightly colored hair, the fact that Grinda didn't want to meet one suggested that Toby really didn't want to meet one." Kindle loc. 38%*


*This quote comes from the ARC, therefore it and its location are not final.











TITLE: Kill the Farm Boy
AUTHOR: Delilah S. Dawson & Kevin Hearne
PUBLISHER: Del Rey Books
GENRE: Fantasy/Humor
RELEASE DATE: July 17, 2018





Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.


This week's topic is: Books I Disliked/Hated but Am Really Glad I Read Don't Regret Reading Them


*in no particular order
**oh I don't care for this one. Generally if I dislike a book I find that it was a waste of time to stick with it. I guess I'll say I don't truly regret reading it instead of saying "glad".


10. THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas--I know this one will hurt a lot of people, but yeah, I just couldn't get into this one. I love her other series though, but this one just didn't mesh with me.
9. THE WITCHES OF ECHO PARK by Amber Benson--despite loving Amber as an actress, I just couldn't get into her books. 
8. THE VANISHING SEASON by Jodi Lynn Anderson--in which I learn you can so thoroughly love a previous book from an author and then feel the exact opposite over another.


7. BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER: THE LONG WAY HOME by Joss Whedon--I can't remember why this one didn't work for me. I think it might have been the way things started. I felt like I missed something, but the book was season 8 volume 1, so I know I was in the right place.
6. THE GLASS CASKET by McCormick Templeman--I think I was expecting a scary story here and it wasn't that at all and I was just let meh.
5. SECOND STAR by Alyssa B. Sheinmel--it surprised me that I read this one, but it was a Peter Pan retelling and I wanted to give it a go even though I knew it was a contemporary but it kept hinting at that Peter Pan magic, I just don't remember it ever appearing though.


4. FIRSTLIFE by Gena Showalter--since it seemed Gena was abandoning my beloved Intertwined series, I was still willing to read whatever else she wrote, but this one...I could not get into for the life of me! I can't understand how this series did sooooo much better than Intertwined and that this one got to be completed. (Yeah, I might be a tad bitter here! Lol! But seriously nothing hurts worse than a beloved series not being liked enough to be completed, but then the one you didn't like gets all the love!)
3. UNLEASHED by Sophie Jordan--I knew going in that most people were disliking this one but I had to see how it ended for myself. I was disappointed as expected with some of the choices made, but at least I knew.
2. THE GRACES by Laure Eve--I had really hoped that this one was going to be good, but I think what annoyed me the most was the heroine. I could never care about her mission and then the events that happened just really made me dislike her more.


1. A WHOLE NEW WORLD by Liz Braswell--a series that I should've loved from the getgo didn't really pan out in this first installment. But I did eventually love the Beauty and the Beast book. No regrets here!



 

10 comments:

  1. I am a fan of the ToG series, so no regrets there. I also liked The Graces, and am looking forward to the sequel next year. I haven't seen too many mention Second Star. I thought it was an interesting retelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know these lists are all about books we didn't like, but man, I am enjoying learning about the new titles in everyone's lists! BTW, Kill the Farm Boy? HILARIOUS quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated Throne Of Glass but found Firstlife oddly enjoyable - I can completely understand anyone hating it though.

    Vee @ Under The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always a relief to come across someone else who just didn't like Throne of Glass! I think it's fantastic that Maas has such a passionate following but ToG wasn't for me at all and I ended up DNFing it, but I'm glad I gave it a try. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt the same way about Throne of Glass! I somehow missed the hype train on that one and never made it past book two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Throne of Glass series but I can definitely see why it's not for everyone. That's a shame about The Graces, I hope I enjoy it more than you did!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/15/top-ten-tuesday-159/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha love that teaser. Trolls :)

    Bummer about the Vanishing Season! Love that cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I can definitely see how Second Star could be disappointing especially if you expected a magic/fantasy element. But I still thought that surfing as a flying metaphor was really cool :D

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree with Throne of Glass. I read the book, but didn't really enjoy. I might continue with the rest, but I don't know. Thanks for sharing your list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Glass Casket was the Snow White retelling right? I didn't know what to expect, but it was interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!