May 2, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly blog post by Jill over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights releases we're eagerly awaiting.


Beyond the Empire and within it, the threat of war looms ever larger.

The Blood Shrike, Helene Aquilla, is assailed on all sides. Emperor Marcus, haunted by his past, grows increasingly unstable, while the Commandant capitalizes on his madness to bolster her own power. As Helene searches for a way to hold back the approaching darkness, her sister's life and the lives of all those in the Empire hang in the balance.

Far to the east, Laia of Serra knows the fate of the world lies not in the machinations of the Martial court, but in stopping the Nightbringer. But while hunting for a way to bring him down, Laia faces unexpected threats from those she hoped would aid her, and is drawn into a battle she never thought she'd have to fight.

And in the land between the living and the dead, Elias Veturius has given up his freedom to serve as Soul Catcher. But in doing so, he has vowed himself to an ancient power that will stop at nothing to ensure Elias's devotion–even at the cost of his humanity.


Oh god the wait for this one has been agonizing!! I read it as an ARC wayyy back in 2016, so yeah, dying to read it!! The constant change in release dates as driven me even crazier!! 


AUTHOR: Sabaa Tahir
PUBLISHER: Razorbill
GENRE: Fantasy YA
RELEASE DATE: June 12, 2018 




 

10 comments:

  1. Oh God... already the 3rd book and I have to read the 2nd one still...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to read the first book! *cries with frustration* I'll see what I can do, meanwhile I hope you have a blast with this one as soon as it's in your hands :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it bad that I haven't read the first book yet? I feel so behind.
    I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out :)
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also DYING for this book, I can't wait to read it! I hope we both love it :) I have high hopes. Awesome pick!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even recognize the series until I looked on Goodreads. This cover doesn't 'match' the first two books?
    I hope you enjoy reading this one again, Jessica.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! I've been seeing this pop up more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminds me I still need to get to book two!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty cover and I have heard nothing but good things about this series. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!